*Part 06

—— [ PART SIX ] ——

Her bags beneath her eyes were dark. Her manner of walk was kinda sluggish. Though Rys looked so exhausted and horrible, Pinkie still had the guts to ask how her morning.. Rys could only look at her. Passing her friend, Rys walked to her seat.

Pinkie gave out a soft smile and sighed. Not a good morning for her, I guess. She followed her friend thereafter. Due to teacher not being present yet, the class was so noisy. Though the black haired girl was not friends with everyone in her class, there were a few people who walked up to her, greeted her, and asked if she's alright.

"I'm alright. It is nothing," Rys assured their sweet class president. The latter smiled at her but wasn't really convinced with Rys's assurance. Although her classmate was forced to move away when she noticed Pinkie beside them

"Just tell me if something's troubling you," the girl told her before walking away. Bumping to a black haired snob in the process. Rys watched them for awhile... Later settling her gaze on those concerned blue eyes.

"I'm fine," Rys instantly declared, "I just didn't have a good night sleep last night. That's all." But in all honesty, the girl was traumatized by what happened last time... The thought of that vampire finding her again brought her lots of worry. It made her stay awake last night. In other words, she wasn't able to rest even for a few minutes.

"Hey cheer up!" Pinkie gave out a big smile, hoping that would alleviate her friend's dull self. "Just think about meeting your other soulmates. Maybe they aren't as bad as the first one."

Pinkie sat on Rys's table.

Rys rolled her green eyes. "Or maybe they're as bad. Or probably more worse than that vampire," she spat back, quite sarcastic in her tone of voice.

           "Well, you could still reject them." Pinkie laughed, playfully swinging her legs which was really distracting... Rys placed a hand on one of her legs, trying to halt Pinkie from moving too much.

           "That isn't even proven true yet," Rys muttered.

*** PART SIX ***

With her head resting on the table, Rys didn't really have anything to do throughout this wanted free time. Her best friend Pinkie noticed that, but she did not go to Rys for a chat as she had felt the desire of Rys to be left alone. So, instead of bothering her friend, Pinkie brought out a book to read and amuse herself.

           That book, of course, was vampire-related.

            Closing her green eyes, Rys drifted off to an empty space of darkness. No dreams. Nothing at all... But the girl could hear the noise around her. Being pulled back later to reality by the sudden silence of the noises. Her green eyes fluttered open, and Rys saw someone standing in front of her.

          Of course she quickly sat up straight from her seat, thinking that it must be the substitute teacher. Though that changed when Rys raised up her eyes to come across to a certain person gazing down at her with that smirk, full of mockery.

          It's him. The vampire! How—

She straightened her posture as she gazed up at him, directly and unflinching. Rys felt the urge to escape... But she maintained her calm. The young man let his blue eyes travel down to the paper he was holding. Rys immediately assumed that it was the attendance papers, but how could he be their substitute teacher for the day?