Part 89

Part 89

~~~

"And what are you doing again this time?" Rys asked when Pars suddenly appeared beside her as she walked to school. He grabbed the bag from her. To her disagreement. Despite Rys trying to get back her bag, Pars held a tight grip with a grin on his face.

          So annoying!

          "You know," he casually said as he wrapped a hand around her neck., "—I'm acting like what I'm supposed to be. I'm acting as your mate, Ry-rys." Now, he was back to his normal self again, causing her to roll those green eyes of hers.

          "Shut up," she said then completely ignoring him afterwards. Pars grinned at her attempt to disregard him. Giving her that gaze of soft adoration, his eyes soon fell down to her hand. It looked soft and needed someone to hold on to it. Without any more thoughts, Pars grabbed it. Rys was taken aback, tilting her head to his direction with wide eyes and flushed cheeks.

          "Cute," he cooed at her reaction.

Rys narrowed her gaze at him, trying to get back her hand from his grop; but man, he was just too strong for her. She finally gave up and persisted to walk, not bothering to even start a conversation with the damn annoying witch. It was meanwhile different for Pars. He was somehow of an attention seeker, so he tried all means to make a topic that would make Rys finally respond to her.

          "Hey! Do you know that that old hag wanted me to reject you; but I didn't because I find your case regarding your soulmates pretty interesting?" he asked.

No response.

"Am I not cool enough for you?" he asked again, but it was the same silent response. Rys was getting bored with his words as it didn't seem to have any serious or important notions on it. Well that's what you get from Pars. Pars gave out a pout, glancing down at their interlocked hands. With this, they looked like a couple; but his mate barely did her act as a mate.

"Ry-rys, why don't you like me?" he asked.

"Well, it's because your annoying," Rys said, finally dropping her silent act. When he didn't reply, she tilted her head to see him looking so sad. Well Pars did know that he was annoying, but he felt— he felt despair at the thought of her not liking his personality. Well Pars was supposed to be annoying. If he isn't annoying, he cannot even be called by his name Pars.

Rys got taken aback by his expression.

She never thought that Pars would take that to heart. "Hey, are you seriously sad by that?" Rys stammered, "I thought you're pretty chill with everything or—" The man dropped her a gaze, and it was filled with hurt, sadness, or whatever.

         "Look. I may appear to be the easy-going type. Or the carefree type. But I get hurt too. Now. Normally I'm not a sensitive person; but meeting you, I get unexpected mood changes."

         He chuckled, almost bitterly. "Oh, if only you know how being bonded to you affected me a lot. Changed me a lot. I don't normally get frustrated. I usually don't care, but this strings of fate is giving me a lot of emotions that I have never thought of experiencing."

         She winced when she felt him tighten his grip. "These emotions. It's slowly and slowly breaking the identity I had built out throughout the years. Jealousy. Anger. Hatred. The feeling of selfishness. Desire. An urge to kill those—" Pars stopped, ending the incomplete sentence with a sigh. Eyes closed, he ran a hand along his black hair. Finally, Pars had his grip on her loosen a little.