*Part 11

—— [ PART ELEVEN ] ——

Mr. Cross never returned to her class after that day. And since he was absent,  Rys and her classmates had to wait for a substitute to dismiss them from school...  When the school bell finally rang, the blackhaired girl immediately stood up from her seat and fixed her stuffs. As she did so, someone tapped her on the shoulder, causing her body to go stiff.

          Is it him? Is he back?

          Rys turned around and saw her friend Pinkie. Ok. Guess not. She breathed out the air that she did not know she was holding. "Sorry if I scared you," Pinkie muttered with a soft apologetic smile. But still Pinkie was curious. Why did Rys look scared awhile ago? Rys was never the type to be easily shocked. Had she perhaps mistaken her someone? Could that someone be Mr. Cross?

          Hmm.

          "It's fine. I just thought it's someone else," Rys mutterd, confirming her friend's thoughts. So, she did mistake her, Pinkie thought before a sly smile formed. Wrapping her arm around Rys's shoulder, she let out a close-eyed smile. "Let me guess!"

         "It's Mr. Cross, right?"

         Her green eyes went wide as she immediately put both her hands on her mouth. "Hey! Don't be so loud!" Cheeks were slight pink; the girl was embarrassed to be caught talking about their hot teacher."And yes. It's him. How did you know?" Rys asked, her tone soft and kinda trembling.

         Duh. "It's so obvious." Pinkie rolled her eyes as she forced her friend's hands away.  How can she not guess it when Rys and their teacher were mostly alone together ... ever since Mr. Cross introduced himself yesterday? What was seriously going on between the two. Rys silently took a peek on their substitute;  the teacher seeming to be busy with something.

          "We should get going."

          Pinkie nodded, agreeing. "Yeah, we should."

*** PART ELEVEN ***   

As they both walked down the hallways, Pinkie could not help but finally ask the question that had been circling her mind all day. What did they really do yesterday? What did really happen earlier?Pinkie secretly pinched herself in the arms when dirty thoughts filled her mind. Although Pinkie knew that Rys is not like that, she cannot help but think of dirty stuffs.

           "Um, about yesterday."

          "  Did something happen with you and our science teacher?" Pinkie asked.. Her cheeks were flushed pink at the thoughts again. Rys was not aware of it though... She gazed down at the floor, rubbing her arm.Her books were already placed in her locker, so she very much had empty hands. I really have to tell her, huh? With a soft sigh, Rys nodded. Her pink lips were in a straight line for a second before she muttered out a soft yeah.

          Pinkie froze.

          Yeah? Yeah?! As in YEAH?! "So you do have a forbidden relationship going on with him?"

           Rys almost choked on her saliva when she heard Pinkie's assumptions. How could she even assume that? What the hell! "Of course not!" Rys spat out, her cheeks burning deep red from the embarrassment.Although they are soulmates or whatever, they hate each other!!! It was truly impossible for them to be together. Just awhile ago, Mr. Cross nearly killed her!