Part 65

Part 65

~~~

Pinkie and Rys have reached an unknown location where in a hospital for supernatural beings resided in. Cands met them there in the entrance. They soon entered inside, no one daring to speak. The guy was the one who led them to the room where the vampire Bled was staying at.

     They entered the room.

      Rys started to cry again when she saw Bled's pathetic state.

     He looked so horrible.

     He looked so terribly beaten as he lied down there in the hospital bed, unconscious. He was barely breathing as a nurse tried to put a drop of magical potion to his barely opened lips.

      "W-w-hat happened to him?" Rys barely asked out while she stood frozen in the place.

      Cands exhaled a small amount of air, his gray eyes on the floor.

     "I do not know. I don't even know him. All I know is that maybe you know him. I saw him there on the park, bleeding, and calling out your names for several times before passing out. He was clutching his phone before he passed out. And maybe he probably have your number so..."

      He paused. Pinkie gave him an encouraging squeeze on the hand. Cands lovingly stared to his mate.

      "Do you have any idea on who did that, Cands?" Pinkie asked her mate.

Cands only shook in reply to that question. He only saw the vampire after all. Although Cands was confused on why Rys looked so deeply affected for what happened.

       Like deeply affected. Like Rys was acting as if her mate was hurt, not just some random person or friend.

       Rys sniffed. Oh, God...is this the witch's work? Or is this what the witch awhile ago trying to inform me?

       My mates...fighting each other because of me?!

       But...

      "Are you his mate, miss?" She got ripped out from her daze when the nurse called out her attention. Immediately, she nodded, feeling also ashamed for letting Bled be beaten like this.

       The nurse stared at her for awhile, trying to determine if what she was telling was the truth. Soon, the nurse exhaled and spoke softly.

      "Okay, good. You are clearly his mate."

      Rys wiped her tears away. So...is this nurse supposed to be a lie-detector? The girl shook her head, trying to erase all her ridiculous thoughts.

      "So... is he good now?" The black haired girl asked, hesitating at first. She was kind of scared to ask that question because what if Bled was not alright?! What if he was in a dangerous state?

      The nurse, unfortunately, shook her head. "No. I may be a witch, but my powers are not strong enough to make recover him from his wounds easily. It will take a lot of time for him to be back to himself again."

      Rys felt like fainting when she heard that.

      "And he is so lucky to be brought here immediately. He would have died when he was treated later. Also, I'm sorry to inform you that..."

     But Rys felt more worse when the witch continued.

     "..he won't wake up for a while now. But do not worry, miss, he's not yet dead." Rys began to sob. He was in a coma? But that was just the same with him being dead. She won't feel his love for the next days ahead.