Part 48

Part 48

~~~

When the black haired girl arrived home from school, (Thank God, she didn't encounter Jace back there.) she came across the note that was pasted in the fridge, saying that her parents will return the next day. It seems like that they will have dinner with their friends.

      Rys was fine with that. It's not like that she cares about her parent's business. She slowly walked towards the living room and started doing her assignments there. While, of course, watching her favorite show that was currently being aired in the television. And yes, she's a multitasker.

     No wonder, she often gets the grades of 80+ in her tests. Getting the score of 100 was quite rare for her being. She's somehow more dumb (and more irresponsible) than her blonde haired friend Pinkie.

     One hour passed and yet, she was still in the middle of doing her assignment. Rys closed the television soon after her favorite show is over. She soon placed her complete focus on her undone job. While in the process of answering the last question, her body froze due to unexplained circumstance. She felt goosebumps spreading over her body.

     A loud desperate-sounding knock soon followed after.

      Who could it be?

      Her first thought was Bled on whom she hadn't seen few days ago. He might have heard that she's back. Rys smiled to herself, but it faltered when the loud knocking continued.

     "That guy," She mumbled while she shook her head.

      She strode slowly to the direction of the sounds, but immediately paused, right in front of the door, when she heard the word "mate" in the saddest tone she has ever perceived.

      What the-?! Howl?! Rys's lips was in a straight line, not knowing what to do. Open the door or no? She decided to be quiet and waited for the werewolf to shut up and leave her alone.

     But even so, she's wondering on why he's here... On why he's calling "mate" with that kind of tone. It's probably half an hour later when the sounds silenced. Rys thought that it is over until she heard the scratch sounds being made.

      Rys's green eyes widened. Oh no, he didn't!

      She will be so dead if there are marks left behind in the door. How the hell will she explain her parents about that?! So, she immediately opened the door before it could even be damaged more by him. Only to meet his fingers about to scratch her face.

      Instantly, her green eyes fluttered close on the coming pain, yet nothing happened on her. Only felt gentle arms wrapping around her and the sparks.

      She opened her eyes and saw a very tired and messy looking Howl embracing her in his arms.

       "Oh..." He breathed out a sigh full of satisfaction with his eyes closed as if he had finally found someone important. Rys could only watched him with a very bewildered expression; her mind was in a blank state.

     She only snapped off when he moaned out the "my beloved mate".

       "Sh*t! I have to get you inside..."

      As soon as she said that, she helped the man get inside the house and brought him to the living room. Howl didn't seem to care for he was so busy indulging himself in her presence.

      Geez, what happened to this guy? Rys thought.

     Howl was finally not hugging her body anymore and looked like he had finally calmed down from awhile ago although he was still eyeing her like a love-sick puppy, I mean, wolf.

      This guy needs to be fixed, Rys thought more when she observed the werewolf's appearance and his dirty clothes. He freaking looks like a tramp to me!

      "So...?" Rys coughed, finally breaking the awkward tension in the living room. Her things still spread over the table, waiting for her to finish it while Howl blinked at her word.

      "So, why are you here? Are you planning to kidnap me again?"

       Howl blinked more. After awhile, he let out a big smile and answered in a very sweet and determined tone, "I'm here to take you back."

       So he is... Rys sighed. So this werewolf wanted to take her again...?! Why can't he just stopped?! He wanted to take me and yet, he loves Candy!

     She threw a scowl at him, not being able to resist her fury. It's unfair! Very unfair for her!

     "Why can't you just leave me alone, Howl? Don't you have your Candy back there in your place?!" Rys shouted at the man, very furious right now.

      "I thought that you're gone now but then..."

      Rys let out a sigh and rubbed her temples meanwhile Howl gave her a confused look.

     "Candy? Who's Candy? You're the only one for me..." The man expressed hurt while he stated those words to his beloved mate.

       Eh?! What...?! Rys gazed at the man, very confused on what he said.

       What happened to him?!

X3