*Part 10

—— [ PART TEN ] ——

Eyes slowly drooping. Large bags beneath her eyes. It was obvious that she was not blessed by the heavens a peaceful nap the night before. Rys was not over it yet. The way how Mr. Cross haunted her dreams were strange and scary.. She would even admit it; she was a bit traumatized. The man in her dreams seemed to be aching for her, yet he still decided to inflict to her his sharp fangs.. Rys can't help but grimace at the memory.

"Are you really alright?" Pinkie asked her, sky-blue eyes lit in concern.

"Don't worry, Pinkie."

          Rys shrugged off her friend's concern. "It is just a nightmare." Her dark green eyes held a distant look as it averted from Pinkie to the vampire who had just entered now.

          Pinkie did not believe her friend.A nightmare? Then why does her friend look so freaking tired? She can't help but bite back a scoff. Would she seriously believe that? As if she would.Pinkie too receives nightmares, but she never looked like a panda the day after. Averting her blue eyes to Mr. Cross, Pinkie raised her eyebrow.

          Oh, look! Another panda.

          Suspicious, the blondie wondered to herself. Pinkie got a feeling that this got something to do with yesterday.. What could have happened when they're alone in the class room the day before. Dirty thoughts filled up her mind... A smirk slowly forming on her lips. Rys perceived that smirk and didn't like the sight of it.

*** PART TEN ***

Rys narrowed her eyes at Mr. Cross when he ignored her once again. She didn't really have a problem with that.In fact, she's so happy that her teacher was disregarding her existence... Rys was just annoyed because Mr. Cross was overdoing it.Whenever that bloodsucking monster would ask questions, she would raise her hand.Mr. Cross would then pretend that he did not see her and  would call some one else.

          Even when she was the only one raising, Mr. Cross would ignore her and call her poor classmate who doesn't even know the answer.

          "What's up with sir?"  A classmate of hers mumble, noticing too the strange behavior their teacher was putting up. Rys could only huff out a sigh and resolved to give up from trying to get his attention. It's just sad that she won't get a recitation point for this subject today.  Gently resting her head on the table,   Rys did not care whether he would scold her or not for acting so sleepy.

          Mr. Cross sneaked a glimpse on her and saw Rys looking like she's about to sleep,  but he did not dare to reprimand her for fear that his inner beast would rip out from its self and try to lash out on the girl.  He was still very mad with her concerning what happened yesterday. Yet he was tired too and feeling empty. He wasn't on the mood to drain his energy on that fucking human. Asking more questions, the man ended his class with an exercise— to the dismay of his students.

          The school bell rang; almost everyone in the room left.   Mr. Cross decided to stay in the room as he wanted himself to be alone to his thoughts... The vampire did not realize however that Rys was still in the room, peacefully sleeping. Pinkie had left her friend alone as she could see Rys would need some sleep.

Lhyre Rys Flirst.

          He closed his eyes, restraining the exhaustion from overcoming him and taking him to the darkness.  Pictures of hers flashed across his mind,  causing his blood to boil and his heart to skip a beat. Mr. Cross instantly attempted to force it away—although that took a huge toil of energy. He had never felt so weak before; and to think that human girl was the cause of all of this made him so furious...  He curled his fist, trying to control his rage.

          Rys, on the other hand, woke up a bit later. Kind of weirded out by the silence around her. Opening her green eyes, she was shocked to see an almost empty room.  But she immediately took note of Mr. Cross. The damn vamp was facing the table, and he appeared to look distressed... Then she recalled the day before. Was he still in pain? She quietly stood up, feeling a bit guilty.

          But should she check up on him?

          Rys shook her head. Probably not. Besides, it was dangerous for her to be alone with him right now... She's lucky that he did not try to kill her while she was asleep.. Maybe he didn't notice her. Or he could have ignored her. Rys silently walked towards the door, trying to be careful in every steps she take.  She was almost close to the door when he looked from the table.

          His eyes were deep red. He stared at her for awhile before Rys decided to stammer out his ironic name, "M— Mr. Cross?"  Somehow, something snapped inside of him when he heard her. In a blink of an eye, he was in front of her— towering her figure.  Gazing down at her with those scary desires.

         Somehow, he felt refueled at that moment.

         What the hell? Rys was bewildered once more when he harshly grabbed her in the arms... An electricity feeling surged between them, but that sole touch made him feel so complete once again. Wiping away that empty feeling that had been with him since yesterday. He stared down at her, and he could see that she was horrified. But he didn't care. All he care right now was these dark desires wanting to be satisfied. His gaze landed on her trembling lips. Oh— how badly he wanted to bite those. He smirked.

          This man is insane!

          Rys struggled from his hold. She even called out his name several times,wanting her teacher to snap out from it. Though it was futile.. The girl had no choice but to scream for help. Mr. Cross only smirked at her poor attempts. She's mine; she's mine. She's finally mine!!! he crazily thought as he lowered his lips to her neck.

         "No. Please no." Her yells turned to whispers.   Mr. Cross instantly paused; his smirk faltering. His dark gaze switched from his neck to her face, her very wet - stained face.  Her green eyes pitifully stared at his as she pleaded for her life.

         He let go of her. What the fuck was he doing?!  Mr. Cross stared down at his eyes with disgust.How could he have those kinds of repulsive thoughts?! He was actually not intending to kill her but to claim her as his. But no!!! No way in hell should he claim her? He harshly glared at her, but Rys stood there with empty teary eyes... She was still shaken by what happened.

          "R– Rys?"

          Mr. Cross and Rys snapped their attention towards the blonde haired girl.  Pinkie stood there, a bit surprised from the sight. She did not however see the scene earlier. She was just confused. Why is Rys crying?  Why is their teacher in front of Rys?

         Rys immediately wiped those tears away. Faking a smile, she talked to her friend, "What took you so long? I have been waiting for you." Her soft voice cracked in the middle of her speech, but Rys tried her best to look okay.. Mr. Cross narrowed his eyes at them. He curled his hands into a fists as he passed by his blonde student to leave the room.

         Mr. Cross did not bother to acknowledge Pinkie  nor the students that dared to say hi to him.He was totally in a bad mood. He was so mad and so fucking exhausted since he let go of her... He definitely had to hunt now before his beast once again found a way to control his body.  And he couldn't possibly let it out again.

          "What the hell was that?" Pinkie asked Rys, but her friend only had her gaze on the floor. She murmured a lie, but Pinkie didn't believe it. A nightmare once again?! Rys seemed fine when Pinkie left her earlier. "Come on.  Spill the beans! I know you're lying!"   Pinkie insisted, leaving Rys to sigh.

          "Fine. Later," Rys whispered before returning back to her seat.  Pinkie had her blue eyes settled on her friend for a while before returning back to her seat too...   Break time was over, and the class peacefully went on. Although Rys's thoughts were still flying back to Mr. Cross and how he treated her earlier.