Part 29

Part 29

~~~

She walked down the road leading to her house, feeling the scorching heat from the sun above her and the curious gazes from the people she passed by.

     She knew that she looked horrible, on the fact that she was kept isolated in that underground cage and was never been given new clothes to wear or was let to shower.

     After a long tiring walk, she eventually reached her destination.

      Yes, she was happy that she's back, but for know, she was so tired and dirty to jump in happiness.

     "Amanda," She softly called out as she knocked on the wooden door several times until it was opened.

     "Rys?!"

      ...

     ...

     ...

     Her green eyes widened in disbelief.

     "Mom?! Dad?!"

     She was soon engulfed in an embrace.

      The f*ck they are here?!

      Mom and Dad hugged her, happiness and relief could be heard on their murmurs of her name.

     "Rys, I'm so sorry," Mom said and was the first one to detach herself from my shock form.

     "I'm so sorry." Mom gazed down at me with her blue eyes, which were filled with guilt and regrets. "I shouldn't have leave you..."

      Dad soon broke off from the hug; the emotions in his green eyes were the same from Mom's.

      "We're both sorry," He corrected in a gentle tone.

      Rys stared at them, not knowing what to feel.

     Should I be happy? Mad? She clenched her fist, pursing her lips.

      They left her all alone for work. She knew that it was also for her own good, but...they didn't bother to visit her for straight three years.

      It was alsp bad enough that they also didn't communicate with her in that long three years.

      "Where's Amanda?" She asked after a moment of silence.

     "Out." Mom's single reply with a genuine soft smile.

      "Oh."

      Rys noticed Dad's nose crinkling for several times now, causing for her to ask due to curiosity.

      Dad looked so hesitant when he answered with a question.

     "Anyway, Rys, where have you been? You kinda stinks."

     Mom elbowed him, throwing him a scolding look.

      She can't helped let out a giggle, erasing the tense atmosphere that had been formed.

      Rys smiled. "It's okay, Mom. I know that I stink. And about the place, Dad, I doubt you will even believe me."

     Mom and Dad looked at her smiling face; a smile both gracing their facial features.

     Rys then left her parents to take a shower.

<><><>Timeskip<><><>

After taking a relaxing shower, Rys decided to dial Pinkie's, only to be informed from Pinkie's Mom that she was in school.

     Rys collapsed on her bed afterwards, savoring the familiarity of the sheet's scents and the softness of her plain white pillows.

     God, I miss this.

     She closed her eyes, a content smile tugging her lips.

      I wonder what will Howl do if he learned I escaped from that hellhole with his Candy's help?

      That thought suddenly crossed her relaxed mind.

      Her smile faltered at that dark-seeming thought as she snapped her green eyes open; the view of the ceiling above was the first thing she saw.

      A knock soon was heard.

      "Come in."

      Mom entered inside with a plate of freshly baked cookies on her hands; she quickly sat up as she eyed the food.

      Rys raised her eyebrow.

      "Is that for me?"

      Mom instantly nodded and took a seat on my side. She then placed the plate on my lap.

     "It's my sorry gift; I mean our sorry gift for just leaving you behind."

     She turned to Mom, to see her with a soft smile.

      Did she really think I'm going to easily forgive them just because of this?!

      She pursed her lips.

      But I could see that she's feeling sorry. I guess that I should still forgive her...or them; they're my parents after all.

     Rys then smiled and mumbled a thanks to her mom. She began to eat the cookies, which was delicious.

     "Did you bake this?"

      Her mom shook her head.

     "Nope. It's your Dad who baked this."

      Rys blankly stared at her mom.

      "Are you serious?"

      Her mom nodded, chuckling.

      "Yes. It's crazy, right?"

     Rys laughed, totally agreeing with Mom.

      And there it started, a very long and happy conversation did they have.