Part 91

Part 91

~~~

After successfully surviving the long scolding her teacher had made, Rys quietly made her way to her table. She saw Pinkie who had her arms crossed, definitely a bit irritated with her friend's tardiness and a broken promise. Rys after all promised to tell her earlier this morning what happened yesterday afternoon regarding her mates.

"And you're late! Bravo for that," Pinkie sarcastically said as Rys made her way to her seat. Sending her friend an apologetic, small smile, Rys mouthed a sorry. Pinkie only turned her gaze away and back to the white board while she gave her friend a silent treatment.

It's not my fault though, Rys thought.

Thinking back to whatever happened, she corrected herself— well, partly my fault. But Pars just had to show up and Bled and that adorable Dragon, resulting for her to forget that she still had classes.

          Blinking her green eyes as the girl shook off those thoughts and tried to concentrate on the lecture that she could not even understand because the girl was not there earlier, she heard the sound of the door creaking as it was being opened by someone.

Oh, Jace...

          He entered the room and closed the door behind him. Although the teacher was glaring at him, he disregarded it because he didn't really give a fuck of anything. Well only to her. Catching her gaze, he smiled that smile again. The empty expression he had on earlier was gone and replaced with that warm facial features.

          She looked away, feeling her face warm.

          "So he's late too huh," Pinkie murmured as she gave her friend a glance, "Don't tell me you both did something earlier." She had already dropped the silent treatment and had begun to assume things with that creepy grin, teasing the black haired girl.

          "Of course not," Rys said.

          Pinkie rolled her blue eyes. "Yeah, well that's what you said. Hope that's true. I still want Bled for you," she murmured, causing the girl to raise an eyebrow at Pinkie's ridiculous words.

          "Um."

          Glancing at the teacher who was quite busy glaring at the demon and glancing next at the possessed boy who was rather pretty busy too with eyeing her out, Rys leaned in closer to her friend as she briefly reminded her that this isn't a game.

          "I won't choose anyone, Pinkie," she whispered to her blonde-haired friend. "I couldn't. So please stop with those statements. Yes, Jace may be a bit too annoying for now; but maybe he'll change."

          "Like Bled."

          "Like isn't he worse before," Rys pointed out, "he hated me. He even tried to kill me. Also, he's possessive before, but look at him now. He understands me the best. He's even doing well with Dragon."

She smiled as she thought of the progress Bled had made throughout these past few weeks. Pinkie, of course, perceived the look on her friend's face; and she nodded to herself, satisfied with what she was seeing. "Well all I can see is that Bled's your favorite from all the five. That is a good news then."

          "You would know who to select when the time has arrived for you to select only one of them," Pinkie stated.

          At that statement, Rys's smile disappeared as the girl frowned at her. She was displeased. Selecting one? Why would she choose from one of them? They're all her mates. She can't choose a favorite.

          But the human girl clearly knows that she is guilty for having a favorite. Also... "What do you mean by that? Selecting one from the five of them? But they are all my mates. I won't reject them."

          "Well, there's a possible chance that—"

          "Pinkie," she interrupted her, "that time won't come. I don't want to let go any of them. Though I may like Bled the most," Pinkie beamed at that, but Rys glared at her. "I still like all of them. I'm not greedy, okay. I just— they're my mates. It is my own responsibility to love all of them and..."

          She stopped, realizing that she does sound a bit too greedy. Won't let go of them?? But if the time does come, and she has to choose, then she has to choose. Right? "I—  I don't know anymore. Let's just see what would happen in the future. We can't go ahead of ourselves," Rys said as she didn't bother to finish anymore the first statement she had said earlier.

"Okay," Pinkie said.

Rys leaned herself back and perceived the teacher giving him a reprimanding; but Jace wasn't even paying attention. He was looking at her. But there was no smile plastered all over his face. He looked serious. His look, displeased and at the same time looked so dark and soo scary.

She turned her gaze away. Did that demon hear it? Soon, their teacher was done with her sermons; and Jace could finally return to his respective seat. His table was a bit far from her, but it was on the back. He began to walk. Rys decided to look at him again and saw him coming to her way.

           That dark gaze was still on him.

          "Morning, Rys," he greeted her.

          His voice though different from his gaze. It was said out quite softly and sweetly. That was almost inaudible— only Rys and Pinkie may have heard it.

           Also.

          Intentionally, his steps began to slow down as he passed by her way. Rys only nodded as a regard to that greeting of his. Somehow, she still couldn't shake away that gaze even when he had already passed by her. She looked at Pinkie, and she saw her sigh. Pinkie returned back her gaze to Rys.

          They both know something is going on with Jace. The damn man must have heard their quiet conversation and wasn't happy with the contents of it. Waiting for the teacher to turn around, Pinkie observed the middle-aged woman until she saw the chance.

         She leaned in closer. A smile tugging her lips. Her voice whispered out those words that may brought Jace rage,  "Let that demon boy be mad because it is a given fact that Bled's the best among them."

          "Pinkie," Rys warned.

          Pinkie softly giggled as she leaned back. "But it is true," she said while returning her attention to the teacher again. Rys softly sighed, a bit amused though. Wanting to see his reaction, she peeked over her shoulder. That damn demon was staring at Pinkie.

         No, he's glaring.

         Dark.. dark gaze. Paired with that dark aura. As if he had the intention to murder the girl he was staring at now. His right hand tightly clutched onto to the pen, and it was obvious that it was quite too tight. He was scary, causing Rys to gulp.

          It's really a bad idea to make him mad.

         She looked at Pinkie, and she seemed so completely unaware of what Jace was doing. Looking back at the guy again, she almost let out a yelp as she saw his dark gazes was focused on her now. It was a moment. But those dark gazes softened.

          Jace sent her a smile.

          Rys forced herself to smile back, turning her eyes again to the front. She found herself a bit alarmed. With her sitting posture, straight and stiff. Somehow, she was scared. Scared by him...

A/N: Sorry for the delay of publishing this chapter :/ I was busy with writing my other story Bad Luck and I really enjoyed writing it so yeahh😊 Anyways, I would love it if you guys check it that story. But hey, here's an update 💜💜