Part 63

Part 63

~~~

After the black haired girl watched her mate's back disappeared, she let out a breath that she never thought she was holding in. She could still feel her heart though, beating on and on in a not so normal pace. Maybe it was the fear of being discovered that made her heart accelerate.

     Or maybe, it was because of a different reason...

     Rys shook her head at the sudden ridiculous thought. She was stupid. Of course, she would feel this. It was perfectly normal for someone's heart to beat so fast for their mates. Soft, inaudible chuckles escaped out her barely opened pink lips before she entered the house, closing the door behind her.

      "So, how's the talk?" A cheery blonde haired girl appeared in front of her after she just turned around from closing the door. It shocked the wits out of her, but she immediately recovered. She was used to Pinkie shocking her after all.

      She shrugged. "We didn't really talk much."

      "Uh, huh. So probably a kiss then?!" Pinkie exclaimed, her eyes widening in her own conclusion.

      Rys immediately dismissed her nonsense sounding idea. Yes, she might have kissed Bled twice, but that was only it.

"Nah, just a few hugs."

      Before Pinkie could even interrogate her more, Cands appeared with his lips in a thin straight line. He looked calm, but both of the girls could see the worry rolling off his manly aura. The blonde haired girl instantly forgot about her friend and went to her mate. A concern expression etched on her face.

     "What's wrong?"

      Cands only shook his head as a reply before muttering something. It was probably for himself because he intentionally made it so soft, enough for only him to hear. But Pinkie did manage to catch a bit of few words that sounded like something and bad.

     Rys's eyebrows furrowed, not really understanding at all. She felt awkward standing in that place with the couple. Even though Pinkie didn't understand what was wrong with Cands, she was still his mate.

      They still have some connection between them.

      Rys bit her lips. Had Pinkie felt this before with her and her mates? Rys finally decided to leave, but before she could even make an excuse, Cands was the first one to.

      "I-I need to go," he stuttered.

     "Eh?!" Both of the girls exclaimed at the same time, but Pinkie was the only one who asked the reason why. The black haired girl knew that her friend would ask that question, so she remained herself quiet.

      Cands let out an exasperated sigh. "I have to check on something, and you can't go. It should only be me. Just stay here with Rys for awhile. Do not worry. I will return as fast as I can."

      He didn't even wait for his mate to speak. He just ran past-by them and out to the house, leaving the puzzled girls alone to themselves. Rys tilted her head over to her silent best friend, a questioning look in her face.

      "Don't give me that look. I do not know too," Pinkie sulkily said. It was quite obvious that her cheery attitude had wavered away. She then stared at Rys for a little longer before walking away, at the same time, Theresa entered the picture.

     "Hmm, did something happen?" Rys could distinguished the fake concern in the old woman's voice, almost causing for her to scowl. Theresa's eyes seemed to hold a spark as if she knew the reason why he left or what happened.

      Rys did not reply, instead she rolled her green eyes.

      She did not want to trust this old witch anymore after she heard from Pinkie about Theresa lying to Bled. But then, she still needed to. This old witch knew everything and might be a good use to them someday.

      User, she might be is, but isn't Theresa a traitor?

      Tsk, it was not like that they were faking their displeasures to one another. This must be the reason on why Rys didn't like the witch in the very first place.

      "Hehe, okay." Theresa suddenly chuckled and spoke soon after, "Fine, don't answer my question. It's not like I do not know why."

     Rys remained silent. There was no need to speak anyway.

     Theresa's eyes narrowed at the girl, but she immediately wiped off the glare with a forge bright smile. She spoke later, but it was filled with venom. Opposite of what she was showing in her wrinkly face.

      "You're lucky, girl, that you have mates. But lets see what will happen if all the boys fight each other to the death."

      Rys's eyes widened at the words, but before she can even question the witch, Theresa left and headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

      What does she mean by that?