Part 21

Part Twenty-One :

Howl gritted his teeth at his newfound discovery. A mate. He doesn't want to find his mate. Fate is too late because he already has someone else. Harshly holding her quite small wrist, he continued to pull her despite her complaints.

What's wrong with him?

The human girl gave him a glare as she felt the stings from the result of being pulled by her mate werewolf. The harshness of his touch and the way he acts right now- that does not seem like he wants her back. And sure, Howl does not want this girl as his mate. He only wants his Candy, sweet Candy, to be the love of his life.

"That hurts a lot," she exclaimed, but that did not make Howl release his hold. Those words went deaf in his ears as he continued to mindlessly drag this human girl somewhere.

So he doesn't want her. Rys pressed her lips as she felt a bit of pain within her chest. She felt like crying, but she couldn't. She shouldn't. Pushing the urge to cry away as she comforted herself that he would like her back too.

Her mate Bled doesn't like her at first, yet she didn't cry. So why cry now when her second mate doesn't like her at all?

A sad sigh left her lips as she asked whether he doesn't her or not; and yet again, he rudely ignored her. Silence means yes. This second mate of hers does not want her, but why? Just because she's a human?

    Rys mumbled, "So are you going to reject me now if you don't like me to be your mate?" She hopes not. There are consequences if he ever does that, and she do know that it's painful. Bled had experienced it firsthanded anyways; and by the look of his face, it felt so bad.

     Mate? Howl automatically paused from what he just heard. Did she just call him her mate? In anger, he gritted his teeth; but Rys didn't notice it as she spoke so nonchalantly. "So wh-"

    "Do not call me mate!" he growled.

    Do not call me mate! It echoed throught her surprised mind as knives seem to make its way through her heart. She bit her lips as she badly attempted to suppress the emotion of hurt from showing in her face.

    Okay, she softly said.

    Okay, I won't call you mate.

     Howl narrowed his chocolate brown eyes at the human girl's failed attempts to cover up the hurt she felt from what he said.

     But he's sorry!

    He's totally sorry for what he said. Howl just doesn't want this girl, so the simpliest thing he could do is to point out to the girl that he simple does not want her.

     But anyways, why is this girl so unfazed by her situation? This human girl knows things that she isn't supposed to know. Could she be a spy or is there something more?

     Howl looked away, stressed for a moment. "Tell me, human girl, are you really human? Why do you seem to know about these kind of things. About soulmates and rejection. Do you even know that I am a werewolf?"

     Ah, sh*t. His eyes are too scary. Unlike being the usual chocolate brown eyes before, it had now darkened into almost black. Rys could not help but tremble in slight fear. This is one of the only times when she felt so pathetic and helpless.