Part 70

Part 70

~~~

"Tag Smith." The man offered his hand to the blank haired girl, later sending uneasy gazes to the girl's friend when Rys didn't respond. Pinkie gave him an assuring smile.

      "So you're the Tag, huh?"

      The brown haired man's flushed immediately, and he nodded several times in a very awkward manner. It didn't help when Rys only raised her eyebrow at him as if he was just an another creepy man who had a crush on her friend.

      Rys's lips twitched, liking his stupid state. "So, what are you?"

     Pinkie mentally slapped herself.

     Meanwhile, the man was a bit puzzled at the girl's sudden question. Rys didn't stop there and ask it again with a look of amusement. Because, she wouldn't easily believe that he was just an ordinary human. Who knew? Maybe, he was something not so ordinary.

      "Are you a vampire, wolf, or a demon? A witch maybe?"

     Rys smirked. "Or an angel?"

     Tag's eyes were widened at the way how Rys was talking to him so rudely and oddly. He didn't know what to respond, so he only pursed his lips and stepped a bit backward.

      Okay, he will admit it. She is a bit creepy, he said in his thoughts.

Pinkie decided to jump in because she finally realized that the conversation was getting a bit so weird for the man. "Woah, Rys! Tag is definitely an angel, and that's a given fact because he saved me back th-"

Rys gave her a smile.

"Shut up. I'm interrogating your boyfriend," she said with a hint of a venomous tone. But still, there was a smile on her face.

Pinkie blushed as she murmured on how not all guys are supernatural like Bled, Howl, Hash, Jace, or Cands.

"But who knows." Rys smiled.

Tag watched them, getting more nervous by the second. He sighed later, knowing he was cornered by the girl's friend. This was supposed to be a secret, but then maybe she won't probably mind him telling the girls.

He puffed out some air. "I'm a familiar spirit."

     Rys and Pinkie stared at him. Yes, as shown right now, they were very shock from what they have heard. Well, only Pinkie, I mean. The green eyed girl didn't even heard that word before.

     "Uh, what's that?" Rys asked, a bit blushing from the embarrassment of not even knowing the term.

     "My job is to serve a witch," he replied while looking away from Pinkie as if he was scared on what her reaction will going to be.

Suddenly, Rys's expression hardened at the probability of the man serving that damn witch Theresa.

"Theresa?" Pinkie softly inquired, causing for Tag to shake his head several times. His handsome face expressed disgust as he wiped away the idea of the said witch being his master.

He then smiled. "Not Theresa. Colena, a former friend of that old woman. She's much better than that witch."

"Because I'm here to replace that damn mate of yours," Tag continued as he gazed at her now with love and adoration.

      "What do you mean?" Rys asked, suddenly glaring at him. "What do you mean about replacing Cands?!"

      Pinkie looked down, feeling empty.

     Upon seeing her so silent, the purple eyed man gritted his teeth and grabbed her hand. Tag wanted to comfort her and never leave her. That damn former mate of Pinkie was so dumb enough to drink that potion that he never thought of the consequence.

     Tag squeezed her hand, causing for the girl to look at him with a wide eyed look.

     "The potion..."

     Pinkie gave him a desperate look. "What's with the potion?"

     Tag sighed, hesitant. He was sure that if he said the truth, then the girl would be really hurt. "That potion was made by Theresa. It was specialized to change the drinker's gender, but the consequence is that-"

     Pinkie looked away, feeling tears.

     "-that the drinker would be paired with another soulmate. He's not your mate anymore. He does not remember you anymore," he finished.

      Rys covered her mouth, for she was shocked too by the revelation. She didn't really expect for that damn witch to be so evil. Pinkie's tears fell, and Tag instantly gently wiped it away.

     "Why didn't you do anything?" she softly asked, her body flinched in every stroke he gave.

     "I didn't know before. And I'm just a familiar spirit. My job here is to serve Colena and not to mind other business," he explained.

     Pinkie suddenly got mad. Now, she understood what this man was doing. He thought that she was stupid?! It alarmed the man when she suddenly pulled her hand away from him.

     "You're not really here for me. You're just here because of your master! You're trying to deceive us," she hissed.

      Tag shook his head. "No!"

      "Then what, you ghost or whatever?! Why are you here? Your purpose is to only serve Colena, but why are you here for Pinkie?" Rys asked, annoyed now at the situation.

     Tag was stunned at the sudden turn out of the events. He went quiet before scratching the back of his neck in an ashamed manner. "Colena may have ordered me to be with her."

     Pinkie let out a sob. So, no one exactly loves her even her soulmate left her for someone.

      "But, Pinkie, believe me. My soul is attracted to you. I want you. I like you. I love you," he ended as he stared into her eyes once more. He tried to display the emotions, but it all ended up with tears streaming down his cheeks.

      Pinkie bit her lips. She cannot help but be moved by his words. But... what if he was just lying? After all, they weren't exactly really soulmates. He can't like her at all.

     Tag knew that she won't respond to any words he will say, and so he decided to pull her body into his own. He embraced him, trying to communicate his emotions through the simple gesture. Pinkie was so overwhelmed that she only began to cry more. The man smiled, feeling her heart beat.

      He loves her.

     A little later, he retreated from the hug and stared at her with wet eyes. Pinkie stared back. Tag wanted to smile. The familiar spirit was really in love with her soul despite the few moments they have. Soon, he reached out his hand and neatly tucked her a strand of blonde hair behind her ear.

     "From now on, I'll be your soulmate," he breathed out.

     Rys watched all of this happen, sighing afterwards. Hopefully, Pinkie and Tag would last for an eternity.

A/N: Lol. Guys, do you think Cands will ever return? Or should I just let this ship peacefully sail?