*Part 08

—— [ PART EIGHT ] ——

I, Rys Flirst, reject you as my mate. At first, he was like what the fuck when he heard those words. He thought it was just a joke; but without a warning, he felt the sudden strike of pain. He collapsed down to the ground. He felt like something was being ripped apart from him. Stop it! He wanted to scream, but he could not. Only groans left from his throat. Even unwanted tears that were not even supposed to be there rose up from the corners of his eyes. He felt pain in everywhere, but his heart ached the most...

He clutched onto his chest, glaring at her. Seeing her though caused those tears to fall. Why does this hurt a lot? "What have you done?!" he hissed at her. Rys was stunned by everything; she was just frozen in the spot. What should she do?! What is she supposed to do?!

"I— I don't know!"

He glared at her. "I'm really going to fucking kill you after this," he barely choked out the words. Hearing that, she narrowed her green eyes. Seriously?! "But you gave me your word!! You just cannot turn back on your promise!"

Now she felt satisfied when she heard him let out a cry. He deserves that after all. But eyeing him more, Rys felt sympathy for the vampire. She felt guilty. Before she could even realize it, she dropped down to her knees and gently reached out a helping hand.

Mr. Cross felt the pain slowly diminish. He turned his head and realized that she had been rubbing her in the arm. Slowly, he felt the tingles erupt from its rub. But the man could only slightly feel it.. Rys softly gazed down at him, concern in her eyes.

"I have to text Pinkie," she murmured, "Maybe she can help us with this." Silently, he stared into those green eyes; and he felt like being sucked into it. The trance was broken though because she blinked her eyes and began to search for her phone. Her soft hands not touching his skin anymore; the pain went stronger once again.

"Shit."

She looked at him again with an apologetic smile. "I forgot that I don't have a phone with me." Of course. The man resisted the urge to grab by the neck and suck the life out of her. He just shooed Rys away. Growling. Warning. She protested, but he bared his fangs at her. "Try to stay, and you might suffer the consequences." Ironically, she felt rejected when he said that.

Rys glanced at him, helpless and confused.

"I—I" He growled at her once more, making her move away from his figure. That irked her. She was just trying to help, yet Mr. Cross still had the guts to threaten her?!

She scoffed. "You know what?! Fuck you! If you don't want my help, then I'll just go." The girl does not usually cuss out loud, but she had enough with this guy. This man is terrible! She stood up and let out a sigh. He stared up at her, gritting his teeth in pain. Meanwhile she stared down at him for awhile. He looked super pathetic. Really. She bit her lips.

"Good bye!" she said and turned around to leave without anymore thoughts. He watched her in silence— observing her depart away from him.