Part 36

Part 36

~~~

"Caught you." Tingles spreaded over her being. Caught in surprise when a very cold being embraced her from behind. It kinda felt nice. Somehow. This touch also felt familiar, yet his voice...was not.

      It was husky, deep, and dark. The emotions in it sounded like happy and excited as if he had won and just received his prize.

      "W-who are you?" Her voice trembled, but she was not scared of this dark being that she cannot see. Instead, she felt safe and protected in his arms.

       She felt him sniffed the scent of her black hair. Which made her body shudder and tense up. The dark being embraced her harder as he whispered. His mouth dangerously close to her face; she could almost feel his warm breath.

      "Jace, my love." Rys felt her breath hitched for a second at how his name sexily escaped his mouth.

      "Jace, that is my name, lovely Rys."

      Rys's legs felt wobbly as if it was about to give out. It was weird; she heard that name before, but she couldn't remember where she heard it.

     Rys cocked her head to gaze at his face, but it was too dark. She couldn't see him. Even when she squinted her green eyes a lot of times, she still couldn't see him.

      "What is it, lovely Rys?" She froze on what he said next.

      "Do you want to see my face?"

      Unable to recover fast, she could only nod her head. Blushing slightly, but she hoped the man couldn't see it through the dark.

       He chuckled. The girl tensed up when she felt his cold hand carress her cheek, leaving a trail of sparks.

       "Aah~ my lovely Rys. My sweet Rys. My innocent Rys....

      ...my beloved mate."

      Hearing those words, the black haired girl realized that the unidentified man was her mate.

     "I'll show you my face if that's what you want."

     As soon as he said that, a dim light appeared around them. It was dim, but it was enough to see his face.

      "What?!"

      Alarmed, Rys took in the appearance of the man. She knew him! So that was why his name sounded so familiar...

      It was Jace Ashton. The popular guy in school who snubs everyone who are not popular.

      "W-w-what?!"

      She was beyond confused. Jace was now gazing at her with the eyes of a love-sick person. As if to notice her expression, he asked, concerned.

       "My love, are you okay?" She got the sudden urge to vomit. Jace was calling her my love?! How ridiculous! How unlikely to happen!

       "This is just a dream," She mumbled as she pulled away from the hold of the so called mate.

      "This is just a dream."

      Jace's face showed hurt at what she said, at what she did. "No, this isn't! We're meant to be!"

      Rys shook her head as she retreated more. The black haired girl knew this was all just a dream and probably, her mind was just messing with her.