Part 85

Part 85

~~~

"Tsk! That damn demon mate of yours! I really hate him!" Pinkie said with a scowl as the blonde haired girl suddenly appeared beside Rys. Obviously still mad with Jace for rudely pushing her as he rushed towards Rys.

"Same," She muttered. "Sometimes, I hate him too." Looking at the demon, Rys found him waving at her with the biggest smile on his face. Rys found herself blushing as she instantly tilted her head.

          Damn it!

          She still can't forget what he said earlier. Just what does he mean by that? He said that he will do things that I won't like just to have me. Is he— Rys blinked her eyes when Pinkie waved her hands in front of her face.

"You okay there?"

"Yeah, just thinking of something." Pinkie stared at her friend for a little while before looking away with a shrug. "Thinking of something, eh? I think wonder what it is." Rys didn't answer. Seeing that her friend doesn't really want to answer, Pinkie tried to change the topic.

"So—"

Rys looked at her.

"So you found your fifth mate, right?" Rys's attention was perked up, suddenly blushing, as she recalled the boy she left at the guard house. Threw out a nod, Rys looked down at her hands that were resting on her lap.

"How is he? Is he—" Pinkie's softened her voice. "—Is he human?"

Human?

Rys wasn't sure herself. That boy Dragon. He seems human in the outside. Seems. But something about him is different. Rys knew that she shouldn't trust his outer appearance that easily.

Having mates that look humans, Rys learned not to trust other people too quickly. As the saying goes don't judge the book by its cover.

"I'm not really sure," she whispered. Lifting her shoulder for a second as a gesture of shrugging. "He is really weird, you know. He looks innocent.. I mean he is innocent."

"Innocent?" Pinkie raised her eyebrow.

"He doesn't know the word boyfriend!" Rys yelled in a whispering tone. Her tone is filled with pure disbelief. Rys just couldn't believe it. Dragon is certainly a weird person. Asking her last night what that meant. She of course answered, only to be shocked by his reply.

"Then I'm your boyfriend, right?" Dragon gave her an almost serious look. "We're mates, so why did you say no to them."

Rys blinked her eyes.

"Wha—what did you say?!" She was stunned Having heard Dragon utter those words that doesn't seem like him. It was too serious, and it scared her a bit.

"I'm your boyfriend, Ry-Rys!" he cheerfully said, wrapping his arms around her body. She was shocked but still hugged back. Dragon was back to his childish self.

And that scared Rys out of her wits.

What if he isn't what he seems.

"What if he's literally a dragon?!" Rys was back to reality when Pinkie excitedly exclaimed those words, almost jumping from her place. Rys sweatdropped.

"Man, your imagination..."

"I mean, his name is Dragon and—""—just because his name is Dragon, that doesn't mean that he is one. I mean, Pinkie! I don't see any scales on his body, and he has no sharp teeth. And he doesn't even look like a reptile," Rys cut her.

"Maybe it's because he hadn't shown you his dragon form yet," Pinkie stated.

"Aish, this girl." Rys sighed, later letting out a yelp when she felt someone touch her shoulder. It was gentle, but it still shocked her. She glanced to the side and saw the damn demon. "Jace! Fuck!!! You scared me!"

Jace laughed. Hearing his mate cuss. It made him very happy and his day great. Almost. Because he remembered again the day before. And the man also overheard what the girls were talking about— and they were talking about the fifth mate. Dragon. More enemies to kill, I guess...

"You looking mad, huh?" Rys muttered upon noticing his darkened eyes. Jace quickly erased that murderous expression of his and replaced it with a sweet smile.

"No. I'm not mad at you," he said, shaking his head with a chuckle as he attempted to place a hand on her cheeks; but of course Rys instantly dodged it.

"Then who made you mad?" she asked.

Pinkie scoffed at her friend's question. "Your fifth mate maybe. I think he overheard us. Rys, who knows? Maybe he's already planning the death of your other mates."

Rys glanced at her friend then turned to look at Jace again, asking for the man's reply to her best friend's remark. Jace only smiled though. Not even denying anything.

Rys sighed. "Don't you dare, Jace."

Jace chuckled at his mate. "Don't worry, Rys. Whatever I do. I'm just doing it for us. It won't hurt you. I promise."

Rys glared at him.

"Don't you dare!" she repeated, hissing.

"Fine. Fine!" Jace grumbled. He did not really want to make his mate angry at him, so he lied. If Rys doesn't approve, then he'll have to do his act secretly.

He doesn't care whether she gets mad at him for forever because of this. All it matters is that he alone owns her.

A/N: Did this while shopping. Honestly, I'm not the type who loves to shop; so I just let my mom and sister pick clothes for me. And most of the times// those clothes they pick are really uncomfy to wear 🙃 anyways, here's the chapter! but it mostly focus on Jace, but don't worry I'll show the other male leads in the next chapter.