Be Careful What You Wish For.

Grace's P.O.V.

He paused to look at me for a split second before I heard him mutter "Oh Grace..." under his heaving breath.

I had returned my vision to the overgrown earth once again, that was until I saw two black leather boots in front of me.

"Grace?" He whispered.

I looked up at him slowly, "Hi, John..." I croaked as a new tear trickled down my cheek.

He lowered himself down until he was sat beside me in the grass, I immediately curled myself into his chest and let out my sobs, he lovingly wrapped his arms around me, warming me up and comforting me all at the same time.

"Come on now sweet, you wanna talk about it?" He whispered as he kissed the top of my head. John patiently waited a while, rubbing my back until I had calmed down enough to whisper a few words. I prized myself away and just rested my head on his shoulder, looking straight ahead as he graciously wiped at my tears with his handkerchief.

"I love him, John..."

I felt him tense a little, "You love Michael?" A tad of disbelief in his voice.

I slightly nodded my head and glanced at him, only to see him smiling.

"Why are you so upset?" He asked.

Thoughts about this answer made me want to cry again, but I told myself to be brave.

"Because the last time I loved someone they nearly killed me..."

I heard John's breath catch in his throat, "What?" He whispered.

"Yeah...he's a monster...Jason, he-he was very abusive towards me, had multiple problems...everything was fine until we moved in together, that was when he turned...I said 'I love you' but I didn't get it back because he didn't love me, he loved to hurt me. I loved him but he hated me..." I felt Johns handkerchief on my face again.

"He's a good man Grace, Michael would never hurt you, he wouldn't even go so far as to call you a mean name. He's full of good, I can tell just by the way he looks at you that you're already his whole world, he's nothing to be afraid of, neither is love, especially if you love Michael! He'll protect you until he can't protect you no more, please don't be afraid to love him, let yourself, enjoy the feeling because when he loves you back there's nothing more precious, and you never know Grace, he might love you too."

Johns words touched me deep, deep enough to enlighten my heavy heart.

John gently turned me to face him and directly looked into my eyes as he spoke his sincere words.

"Please don't be scared, Jason is a product of your past, Michael is a product of your future, he's going to be in your life for a long time coming Grace, I know that for a fact...loving him is the best thing that can happen to you, it's good for you, being in love isn't a negative thing Grace, and when he finds out, he'll explode with happiness, mark my words!"

I found myself smiling, John, the 'man of all knowing' as it seemed was utterly right, I know Michael, he is the complete opposite to Jason, I should be happy that I love him, that I love someone as sincere as him, that I've found love again.

I wrapped my arms around John and squeezed him tightly in a hug, "Thank you..." I whispered in his ear before I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Returning to my position of resting my head on his shoulder I asked him, "What about you John? You seem to know your bit about love, you got a wife?" I giggled.

He chuckled and shook his head, "No...no wife."

"Girlfriend?" I asked again.

"Nope! No girlfriend! He laughed again.

I turned to look at him, "Really?! A big, friendly, handsome giant like you has no lady in his life?! How come?!" I asked surprised.

His laughing increased, "How come?! Well, because I'm gay, Grace!"

I gasped, "No way!"

"Yes way!" He laughed nervously.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?!" I asked.

He nodded bashfully before hiding his reddening face.

"That's so cute!" I squeaked before practically climbing on him and tightly hugging him, I took his face in my hands and squeezed his cheeks making him laugh.

"Do you love him?" I grinned.

"How do you think I know how good it feels to love someone huh?" He winked.

I made an inhuman noise before hugging him once again, this was just too cute!

"Why didn't you tell me before?!" I asked.

"You never asked! Plus, I have only known you a few days!" He laughed.

I laid back into the grass, "Feels like forever though..." I grinned.

"You're right." He laid back too. "When do you plan on going back to the house?"

"I dunno, not yet..." I replied.

"Are you gonna tell Mike that you love him or..."

I pondered, "Not today, I want to feel like it will be the right time y'know? And also when I know he won't get freaked out..."

I heard John giggle, "The only reason he'll freak out is because he'll be over the moon. Now come on, it's getting dark and it's cold, let's get you back."