Be Careful What You Wish For.

Still Grace's P.O.V.

Cheryl's jaw dropped, "You're gay?! John, sugar, I would have never known! That's darn cute, you're right Grace!"

I grinned at the both of them, "Listen, umm...I think I ought to go and talk to Mike...see you in a bit, yeah?" I said as I started towards the stairs, they both nodded and I left.

I was surprised that Mike thought me and John were kissing, I found it hard to believe that he'd think I'd do that to him...especially after all I'd said.

I was also debating with myself whether or not I should confess my love to him, after all, to explain this awkward situation of why I was upset in the first place would be difficult to curve around without telling him the truth...

The hallways were quiet, they were always quiet but this was eerie, I finally got to the grande old, medieval doorway to Mikes room, I pressed my ear against it, I could here him walking, repetitively pacing, I decided to knock on his door politely instead of intruding.

I heard him stop walking, "Yeah?!" He shouted from the other side of the door.

"It's me!" I called back and waited for an answer, only I didn't get one, "Can we talk?!" I pressed.

"I'm busy." He shouted back, his voice cold and uninterested.

I felt anger bubbling up inside me, he was upset about something that hadn't even happened yet he refuses to talk about it?

I huffed loudly, going into my room and unlocking the secret door that joined my room to Michael's, guess he'd forgotten about this entrance. I pulled open the door to see him pacing around his room, a bunch of papers in his hands and a pencil in his mouth, he obviously heard me as his eyes flashed towards mine yet he carried on what he was doing.

I stood there for a moment hoping for some kind of response, he was so damn stubborn!

I folded my arms and tapped my foot, "So?" I asked curtly.

He still didn't look at me, "So what." His voice still cold.

"Are you gonna explain?" I tried to match my voice tone with his.

"Aren't you gonna explain?" He defended himself, turning his back and pacing the other way.

I gritted my teeth in anger as he turned away from me, I stomped over to him standing in front of him again, he still didn't look up from his paper but he turned away another time, a large amount of self control was needed to not flip out.

"Michael." I said harshly, he immediately stopped dead in his tracks. His back still turned towards me, I rarely called him Michael, he must have sensed my anger yet he remained silent.

I lowered my voice to a hushed tone, I didn't want to argue and I didn't want to shout, "I know you're upset...but, right now I am too, you know that, I ran off from you crying earlier..." I paused giving him a chance to respond but he didn't, so I carried on, "It's not anything you have done that's upset me, it's just something I've realised, but I'm sorry for running off, I'm sorry if I upset you...I know you think there's something going off between me and John."

Again, I paused, giving him the opportunity to say anything, do something.

I heard his breath catch as I said my final statement, his head gradually hung lower.

"There isn't..." I added.

He slowly turned around, still facing the ground, "That's not what I saw..." he mumbled.

I sighed, "What did you see?"

"Your faces close and your hands on his cheeks." He whispered.

"Did you see a kiss?"

He didn't answer.

"You didn't, did you. You just think you did, don't you." I said flatly, knowing I was drilling the truth into him.

"Then why were you touching his face?" He said a little louder, glancing at me now.

"Because he told me something and I thought it was cute."

"What did he tell you? That he loves you? Was that it?" His attitude and temper showing now.

"Michael, no, he's just my friend."

"THATS NOT THE POINT GRACE! Why would you ask him to be with you instead of me, huh? Why would there be any reason other than you two have something going on?!" He shouted.

I broke and shouted back, "BECAUSE HE'S GAY!"

Everything went completely silent as I yelled my last statement, his former anger furrowed eyebrows uncreased and started to raise, his previously gritted teeth began to relax, his cold, menacing eyes began to soften, he began to stand up straighter, he swallowed, his eyes fixed on mine.

"Gay?" He croaked quietly after a prolonged amount of silence.

I nodded.

He took a deep breath, "Is that...what you thought was...cute?" He averted eye contact now, the truth was sinking in, he was beginning to feel guilty. I could feel it.

I nodded once more.

There was a somewhat awkward silence that hung in the air, it was like one of those cliche scenes in a movie, only this was real.

"So...nothing happened between you?" He choked out.

I shook my head, I was keeping silent until he apologised.

"I'm sorry..." he whispered, barely audible.

I looked up to see him shuffling forwards, he stopped in front of me, I looked into his tear filled eyes, I could see his apologies swimming about in the salt.

I turned away and made my way over to his bed, I sat on the edge of it.

"How could you think I would do that to you Mike?" I whispered.

He winced at my words as he perched himself beside me.

"I don't know...I knew you wouldn't do that, it's just...y'know, when you see something that catches you out...and...I couldn't think of any other excuse...other than you were kissing...it broke me, Grace." He mumbled the whole thing, twiddling his thumbs.

It was in those sorrowful words that I felt my heart flutter, the kind of flutter that I had been ignoring, but now I knew it meant love. It was in those words that made me realise just how much I meant to him. I hadn't kissed John, but the thought alone had almost broken his heart. That was enough for me, that was better than an apology.

Call me crazy, but I loved him..