Be Careful What You Wish For.

Still Grace's P.O.V.
I grinned at his reaction and squeezed his arms that had found themselves around my body, I felt him nestle his head against my back. I stared around Michael's room, the dim light casting elongated shadows against everything, the light just bright enough to make some things out in his room, like a bookshelf, some record displays of his platinum albums up on a wall. I could only sleep in complete darkness. Given that it wasn't completely black in here, made it hard for me to sleep.

On average it takes a person seven minutes to fall asleep, if their eyes are closed for those full minutes, at this rate I'd be lucky if it took me seven hours.

Michael's position had shifted long ago.

I felt bad fidgeting about and disturbing him just because I couldn't sleep, so I decided to go downstairs for a little.

I slipped out of the bed, again, he didn't disturb, he was a very deep sleeper it seems! I tiptoed to his main door and clicked it open, I left the door ajar as to make it easier on my return.

The hallways of Neverland had been taken over by the night, for some reason it made me feel uneasy, although I knew I was perfectly safe.  I switched on a light, it was strange seeing Neverland so empty...Cheryl had gone home hours ago, it was weird how just one person could make such a huge house seem so much more occupied. Everything was eerily quiet but I shook that feeling off, I made my way downstairs and into the living room that was just off the kitchen and just to the right of the main house door.

There were great big bookshelves full with reading material and two giant, vintage green leather sofas, just like the ones that were on the second floor of Michael's room.

I picked out a book at random, sat down and began to read.

It seemed that all of my uneasy feelings were necessary as I froze. Three loud, slow knocks at the front door. It was merely 3am? Who would be here at this hour? Was Michael expecting somebody? Surely he would have waited up if he was? My heart was beating fast and I was clutching the book immensely, I felt like I had to answer the door but I was scared...it couldn't be an intruder right? This place was heavily protected and nightly guards were at the Gates...so who was it?

I stared at the great wooden door that was almost opposite to where I was sat.
There they were again...three loud and slow knocks. Dangerously similar to the ones you'd expect to hear on a horror movie...then you'd sit there shouting at the screen, yelling at the character to not open that door...yet curiosity gets the better of them...
I never thought I would feel the same way.

I arose from the sofa slowly and silently, as If my consciousness was taking me there...It wasn't like I actually wanted to go towards the door, more like I felt I had to... my heavy breathing was almost deafening.

I gripped the book behind my back...if I was going to be in trouble was this really going to be my only weapon? I was being silly again...I had to be.

I swallowed hard as I reached out to unlock the door...my hands slightly trembling as my mouth had turned dry.

The cold metal almost stung my hands, as if telling me that this was bad...it wasn't healthy.

I struggled to turn the old brass door knob that had gotten stiff through its years of ageing and usage...as if a message to say 'no...you shouldn't be opening this door' but...I did.

With one final yank the door had come away from its frame...although open,
it was merely ajar...I couldn't see anything...or anyone...yet.

My hand gripped the book tighter, my nails digging into its bind and leaving permanent indentations...I held it so tight it hurt...my other hand still on the door knob...its temperature so cold it stung.

A bitter breeze seeped its way into the house through the minuscule crack in the door that I had created.

Everything put together made the situation creepy...it made me feel isolated.

The fear in my being was the same as that I felt when I was still with Jason...but I had always faced him...so what was so different?

I pulled the door open wider until things were visible.

His body was leant against the door frame...he rose his arm and took a swig from the almost empty liquor bottle...the stench of old alcohol hitting me.

A sickening, throaty chuckle came from him as he spoke in an intimidating tone, "Hello, DollFace."