Be Careful What You Wish For.

Michael's P.O.V.
I blushed, "Funny you say that...because you actually make me forget that a lot of people know who I am...because when I'm with you, you're the only one that I focus on." I squeezed her hand that was still locked onto mine.

She grinned at me, "Really?" She whispered.

"I promise." I whispered back.

She reached up and kissed me on the cheek, making me giggle a little.

There was a short pause where we both looked out over Neverland, embracing the heat and the grip of nature.

"Listen..." she started, "I'm sorry about last night, I-!"

I cut her off, I knew what she was about to say.

"Grace. Baby...you don't have to be sorry. I'm not mad at you! I was confused when you were so low earlier when you thought I was mad...I wasn't! I'm not mad. I know last night was a little...peculiar...but you're the one that stopped us going too far. I appreciated that a lot because...I didn't want anything to happen...I want the first time to be sober." I looked down, feeling my cheeks flush as I was a little embarrassed.

This time she squeezed my hand. "Me too, Mike. I just can't help but feel I forced all that alcohol down your throat..."

"Don't be silly! Of course you didn't, I could have refused, and I didn't...did I." I playfully jabbed her in the ribs making her squeal. "I wanted to get drunk, and I did. How is that your fault?"

She smiled and shrugged, hopefully I'd stopped her from feeling bad.

"Now stop running off from me when you're sad! Talk to me instead!" I started tickling her and she squealed even more and I laughed loudly as she tried fighting me off. I pushed her onto her back and climbed over the top of her, still tickling but eventually I gave in to her cries of mercy and stopped, staring down at her face that was staring up at mine.

"Okay." She said breathlessly.

"You promise?" I asked, lowering my head down closer to hers and studying those sublime lips.

"I promise." She whispered back, her breath caught in her throat when I let my lips sink onto hers.

A deep breath escaped both of us as we let out the tension we'd been feeling and relaxed into the blissful kiss.

I was so glad that we didn't end up doing anything last night. Because kissing her sober was a lot more pleasurable...and memorable.

I felt her hand wander up to the back of my head where she seemed to relax and let my lips control hers and her fingers tangled gently in my hair.

Now maybe...I do wish we did something last night. Not drunk. But...something. I do wish we did.
But... we still can.

Her other hand ran up and down the length of my back, making me shiver even in this blistering heat.

I had to stop. I didn't want our first sexual encounter to be a drunken one but I certainly didn't want it to be on top of a hill either.

I reluctantly pulled back and opened my eyes to peer down at her, she had the slightest smirk on her face as I watched her eyes flicker open too. Her hand stayed in its spot on my head, still playing with strands of my hair.

"Want to go back to the house?" I asked, rather breathlessly.

Her smirk grew as she nodded eagerly.
I removed myself from on top of her, standing up and offering my hand of assistance to my lady, she took it and I helped her up to her feet.

We began our descent down the meadows hill and I tentatively reached for her hand and held it in mine, we glanced at each other and smiled, blushing, like that was the first time we'd ever held hands.

As we neared the house I felt a pang of pain in my heart as I remembered I had to go out and do some work. I felt bad.
I wanted to spend all day everyday with Grace. I felt guilty for having to work...I'd make it up to her.