Be Careful What You Wish For.

Still Grace's P.O.V.
"I'm sorry...I got mad because I was scared, I was angry because of Jermaine...I was panicking because you were bleeding and Jermaine was unconscious...I just got...real scared and-and I didn't know how to handle myself..." he looked up at me and made serious eye contact, tears were trickling down his face now, reality of the situation was setting in.

We had both gone through traumas in our lives. But they were very different kinds of traumas. I wouldn't be able to handle what Michael goes through...just like he couldn't handle what I go through.

I felt his hand grip onto mine...for some reason the contact from him made me immediately well up and I began to cry, I guess the situation was settling in for me too...

"I-I...I vowed to protect you Grace. I said I'd never let anything happen to you!" He choked through his sobs as he wiped his eyes with the back of his free hand. "I-I've not been able to do that once! Jermaine has come after you twice and both times I wasn't there to stop him...I'm a real bad boyfriend...aren't I." He croaked as his bottom lip wobbled and more tears spilled from his eyes.

I had to bite my lip to stop myself from sobbing, but nevertheless the saltwater still flowed.

I squeezed his hand tight, I forgave him, of course I did. He was scared and I couldn't blame him for that.

"Don't you...dare. D-Don't you dare say that Michael." I sniffed and struggled to speak, "You have protected me! You...you have! You smashed that bottle...over J-Jermaines head...it stopped him! He didn't rape me because you did that! And-and what about the time you called the police for me wh-when Jason was trying to break in? We hardly knew each other then and...you were halfway around the world! B-but you still saved me..."

He was hiding his face now, his quiet sobs were all I could hear as his body shook, I put down my cup and pulled him into a very tight hug, he lay his head on my chest and I buried my face into his hair...we stayed there, sobbing together.

I could feel his tears seeping through my pyjama top, creating a damp patch from his crying...I could not complain though as I was most likely doing the same thing to him.

After a few minutes of the embraced sobbing we managed to pull back slightly, I wiped the tears away from my face, the salt beginning to burn my skin. I looked down, hoping to see his beautiful face, but his head still hung low as he continued to sniffle and weep.

I placed a light finger under his chin, I wanted to look into those magical eyes of his. He obeyed my actions and lifted his head up, his cheeks were tear stained, eyes puffy, red and sore, still allowing the tears to flow now and again, his bottom lip jutting out a little.

I placed my hands on his cheeks, wiping away his tears with my thumbs and moving the stray curls out of his eyes.

"This whole thing...it never happened...okay?" I said quietly, a slight smile upon my face, I wanted this situation over with.

I saw the corners of his mouth pull up ever so little, he nodded.

I bent down and gave him a soft kiss on his lips, I could taste the saltines of his tears.

I helped him up to his feet from his previous position of slouching on the edge of the bed.

"Go get a shower...relax your muscles...wash away all these feelings, yeah?" I whispered, holding his hands.

He nodded, "Yeah..." his voice very hushed.

I squeezed his hands, "I'm gonna go do the same."

I walked with him to the secret door where he opened it, before turning around and facing me, he bent down a little, clasping my face in his hands.
"I love you...so much." He whispered, his voice cracking as he had to look away and compose himself. He planted a soft kiss on my forehead before going into his room, I watched him walk across and enter his bathroom, closing the door behind him.