Be Careful What You Wish For.

Still Grace's P.O.V.
I slumped against the closed secret door, I couldn't help but feel a little sad and deflated...

I looked at the huge bed in my bedroom...it always looked so comfortable and inviting before...but now it just looked empty...lonely without Mike already in there...without him to snuggle up to at night, without him to shift closer to when you awake for only a few seconds at an early hour before falling back into a deep slumber with someone you love by your side. It just wasn't the same...granted, I had only spent a couple of nights in the same bed as him...but a part of me never wanted to go back.

I sighed before padding over to the chest of drawers, pulling out a pair of short pyjamas and slipping them on.

Walking into the en suite bathroom and began brushing my teeth, next, wiping off the minimal makeup I had left on my face, most of it had disappeared from all the crying I had done earlier on.

I stared at my makeupless face in the mirror, sometimes I didn't like what I saw...my eyes were still red and puffy from crying...I had a few little scars from the times Jason hit me...permanent memories I couldn't be rid of.

I returned from the bathroom, making sure to lock and close my window, I had always had this irrational fear of being kidnapped...never mind everything else.

I pulled back the covers to the bed and slumped myself in, turning off the light I began to immediately stare up at the boring and lonely ceiling.

I could still see a glow of light coming from underneath the secret door, of course, Mikey never slept in full darkness, but I could hear his humming, he was not yet in bed.

I laid there for a good while, my mind wouldn't allow me to shake off this sad feeling. It felt like I had been laying, staring at the empty nothingness for an eternity. The sounds of Mike humming had stopped a while ago. I had not heard anything since, he was either in bed, or asleep.

I sighed once again, looking over and feeling the empty side of the bed next to me...why was I feeling like this? Why was I so depressed that Michael wasnt laying next to me? I was being really silly again.

I was still laid there, in this big lonely, empty bed, the ceiling that my eyes had previously been fixated on was nothing but a sheet of blackness now, I peered outside, nothing...just the darkness.

I listened to the clock that had been ticking and tocking on the bed side table next to me. It had surely ticked away a couple of hours as the sound was now starting to drive me insane.

I couldn't take it and I didn't know why.

I flung back the duvet and sat up, flicking on the lamp and releasing myself from this never ending nighttime. I stared at the secret door for a few seconds.

I couldn't help myself.

Slowly and quietly I walked over to the secret door, I put my ear against it, silence, Mike was definitely asleep by now. I turned the door handle and allowed it to click before pushing it open. I was met by the orange haze that Michaels lamp gave off, I glanced over to where his bed was, I was correct, he was asleep, facing in my direction,
I tiptoed over to his bed, this may have been intruding of some sort...or a break of the personal bubble but for some reason I really didn't care.

I stood next to his bed for a moment, his breathing rhythmic, his face peaceful...he was an adorable sleeper.

Ever so slowly and gently I found my hands lifting up a corner of his duvet, I didn't want to wake him. Quite clumsily I let myself slide into his bed next to him, it wasn't as smooth as I was hoping, but he didn't disturb.

Covering myself with his duvet I automatically felt the negativity and the sadness fizzle out of my system, this was all I wanted.

I turned my back to him, as if laying in a spooning position, it was a few minutes before I felt him move.

Suddenly, I felt his arms wrap around my body, pulling me in ever more closer to his body.

In a sleepy, hushed and whispery tone he breathed out, "I was hoping you would do that..."