Be Careful What You Wish For.

Still Grace's P.O.V.
I closed the door behind him, still grinning like a little girl. But I had a feeling my smile wouldn't last long. There was something I needed to do. And I doubt it was going to go down well.

I need to to call my parents.

I raced back upstairs to retrieve my phone that I had hardly touched since arriving here.

I pulled it out of a draw that was in my old bedroom. I had yet more messages and missed calls from my mum and dad. I felt such a pang of guilt that I had been completely ignoring them. I loved them so much, I'd never lied to them before. They still think I'm out here on a work trip when I don't even have a job! They're never going to believe that I'm staying with Michael Jackson and that he's now my boyfriend. They'll try get me to come home so they can lock me in a mental asylum.

I just wanted to do it and get it over with. But I was dreading it.

I stared at the phone screen.

Almost without consciously knowing I had done it I had already dialled the number and I had lifted it to my ear. It hardly rang until my mum picked up the phone.

"Grace?! Grace is that you?!" She said in a blind panic.

"Umm...yeah. Yeah it's me...I'm-!" I was about to apologise but she cut me off and I heard her shouting my dad.

"Malcolm! It's Grace!"

They really had been panicking. How could I have done this to them.

"Mama. I'm so sorry for not calling. I feel like the worst daughter in the world. I've just had so much on my plate this week it just completely slipped my mind...I'm so, so sorry." My voice was strained as I had a lump in my throat.

"We thought something horrible had happened to you! You said you would call when you got there...I'm just so glad everything is alright, darling. You're safe, aren't you?" My mother asked. I smiled a little. She had always been very understanding but I wanted to come clean. No more lying.

"Yes. I'm safe. I promise!" I giggled.

She sighed in relief, "Oh thank god! We've been worried sick! How's the work trip going?" She asked.

My heart dropped into my stomach and my small smile vanished. Now was the time to tell the truth.

"Mama...I lied. I'm not here on a work trip..." I swallowed hard.

"Wh-what do you mean?" My mama stuttered, already sounding confused.

I sighed..."I lost my job two weeks ago..."

"I don't understand Grace. Y-you said you were on a work trip."

"Mama I lied! I lost my job. I got fired. I took a trip over here to get a clear head...and...and I've met someone...they live over here, they paid for my trip and its who I'm staying with for this month..."

There was silence on the phone, I had to check to see if we were still connected but we were...she was just stunned.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled.

"Fired? You got fired? Instead of looking for a job you take a holiday instead? Grace. You have no money coming in! I can't believe you lied to us like this? Who are you staying with? How do you know them? You've never been to America before!" She sounded outraged and rightly so.

"Mama...I just needed a break. I needed to get away from things for a while. I shouldn't have lied I'm sorry, but if I told you the truth you would have stopped me from coming out here! I...met them online...we met once whilst he was over in the UK and then he invited me over to stay...I had nothing to loose so I said yes." I explained.

"You're staying with a man?! A man you only just met?! And you're staying with him for all this time? Are you out of your mind,Grace? Come home. I want you to come home." She practically begged.

"I can't and I don't want to. I'm staying here for the rest of the month. I want to stay...he's my boyfriend. I'm in love with him, mama." I almost started to cry.

Another long pause. "Love him? Boyfriend? Are you lying again? How do I know you're not just making him up? How do I know I can trust him with you? Why don't you want to come home?" She was stubborn.

"Yes. I love him. Yes. Boyfriend.
Because he's very real, I'd put him on the phone but he's at work right now which I know sounds like I'm just making an excuse but I'll call you again later, when he's home to prove everything. Mama I don't want to come home because...Jason found me again. A few weeks ago." I admitted.