Be Careful What You Wish For.

Still Grace's P.O.V.

I rested my head on his shoulder, a tiny smile playing amongst my lips, it was all I could manage, all these different feelings and emotional turmoil I had witnessed in the past few hours had literally wiped out all of my remaining energy. I lazily slumped back and laid on my back on his bed, staring up at his wood beam ceiling. He joined my motion and laid back too. Another portion of silence was shared but this time it wasn't awkward, more serene.

Eventually his hoarse voice broke the quietness, he didn't look at me, his remained looking up at the ceiling.
"Why did you run away?" He whispered.

I felt my heart begin to gallop as I realised that I was probably going to have to confess my love to him at any given moment.

"It doesn't matter." I replied, immediately giving myself a mental slap in the face for such a stupid answer. He propped himself up on an elbow and looked down at me, I couldn't look at him.

"Don't lie. It matters greatly, you ran away from me crying, you were on that meadow for two hours, don't tell me that it doesn't matter." His voice was stern but at the same time sympathetic.

I didn't say anything for a while, I could feel his eyes searching me for an answer.

"Cheryl said she made you realise something...is that what upset you?" He pushed.

I pressed my lips together as I could feel the lump in my throat returning.
I nodded slightly.

"We just...talked...about our trip and about...you." I struggled.

"So, I have upset you?" He asked.

"No! No..."

"Then what is it?" He was starting to sound desperate.

I bit my lip, "She made me realise something...about you" I hinted.

"What? That...you're not ready for a relationship? You don't like me anymore? What?" His guesses were all negative.

"Nothing like that!" I reassured.

"Grace...what is it?" he begged.

I took a deep breath as I knew this was it.

I covered my face with my hands, I couldn't look at him, I spoke with a lack of confidence.

"That...I love you..."

Once I had said those 3 words to him, I didn't let him respond, I was too scared for that.

My hands were still covering my face and my eyes, I couldn't see anything and that's just how I wanted it for now, but I found myself babbling.

"I'm sorry, I know you probably think it's too early and y'know what, so do I, kinda, you can't help feelings though right? I was so scared when Cheryl made me realise because the only time I have loved is when I was with Jason, and that wasn't a healthy love, it was empty, I loved him but he hurt me and I couldn't help but think that's what all love would be like, one sided and hurtful, that's why I got upset because I was frightened, that's why I couldn't face you, that's why I called John, but he drilled sense into me and said that loving you would be nothing like loving Jason and you wouldn't hurt me and that your a good person and-..."

My babbling was cut off when I felt his hands on my shoulders, lifting my upper body up off the bed so that I was now sitting, his hands made contact with mine as he pulled them away from my face, I saw his face for a few seconds, a half amused smile on his face.

"Don't be silly." He smirked before clashing his lips onto mine.

I was slightly taken aback by his motive, I had half expected him to run miles away from me, but I liked this reaction a lot more, it had only been a mere few hours since we had last kissed, but it actually felt like days. He kissed me with force but not rough force, his lips soft and beautiful, they felt better each time we kissed, his hands were placed on the small of my back, mine placed delicately on his chest, lightly clenching the material of his jacket for that was all the energy I possessed.

He silently broke away, his forehead still resting on mine as his eyes seemed to be searching my soul, his breathing slightly deeper, his cologne delighting my senses.

"I...umm...I-I love you too, Grace."

Michael's P.O.V.
Once I had spoken my response, my confession that I also loved her, she stared at me silently for a few seconds, it was almost as if I could hear her internal cogs trying to process the information.

"What?" She finally managed to whisper.

I huskily laughed, her expression was priceless, I had already said it once, I might have felt extremely nervous but I meant it, people had told me in the past that when you say it once, you can't help but say it over and over, which is what I already wanted to do, which is why I made the most of telling her I loved her again. I could feel my heart swelling with a warm and happy sensation, something I'd never witnessed before, but now I knew what it was, I never wanted it to end.

"I love you." I whispered, matching her monotone voice.

She blinked at me a few times before I saw the corners of her mouth pulling up.

"Really?" She whispered.

"Really." I giggled.

I was almost startled when she suddenly moved and pulled me into the tightest hug I had ever received, of course, I hugged her back.

"Looks like Cheryl made us realise the same thing..." I whispered in her ear as she still snuggled into me.

It was then she pulled back, looking puzzled.

"Did Cheryl have the 'talk' with you too?" She asked.

I nodded.

"What a wise flipper!" She exclaimed, making me chuckle.

She took my hand in hers, we were both all smiles.

She began to mutter something, "I don't mean to be all...romantically cliche and soppy but...today has probably been one of the scariest but best days of my existence so far."