Be Careful What You Wish For.

Still Michael's P.O.V.
She laid her head on my shoulder, "Why don't you have a nap? We didn't get much sleep last night huh?"

She giggled a little and squeezed my hand, "I'm okay, Mike, all that adrenaline makes me feel like I don't need sleep for a week..."

I squeezed her hand back, "Yeah? Really got the heart rate going...didn't it?" Our voices were quiet, this was the first time we had spoken about the actual situation...it made me feel better.

"Yeah..." She shifted and got up to turn to me, "I don't want these things to happen to me anymore, Mike..." Sadness was spread across her face.

Her words sucked the breath from my lungs and made my heart physically hurt...I looked deeply into her soul...she was beautiful, no doubt...but she was tired. Not tired as in sleepy, tired as in fed up, fed up of being treat like dirt by people...Jason, my brother...God knows who else. She was hurt...physically and emotionally. Her hair was scraped back, for the first time I saw all the tiny scars that scattered themselves across her hairline...down her temples...to look at her you'd think she was pure and untouched...to know her, you knew different, but she acted as if nobody had ever laid a wrong finger on her.

I forced the lump in my throat to go away before I slipped my spare hand on to her cheek.

"Baby...I'm never going to let anything like that happen to you ever again...I'll do whatever it takes. I promise."

Grace's P.O.V.
As he said those words, I looked into his eyes. I saw only three things.
Trust.
Honesty.
And love.
Three things that I had never been able to see in any other man before. This is why I knew Michael was being truthful to me.

I smiled slightly and I leaned forward, softly kissing his lips, my act of appreciation.

He leant his forehead against mine whilst he whispered to me, "I'm going to make sure we forget all of the bad times...today...tonight...and for forever more, trust me, gurl." He flicked his eyes down towards my lips before making eye contact with me again, he bit down on his bottom lip and allowed it to slide away from his teethes grip again.

Just that little gesture almost made me forget everything already...he could be such a flirt sometimes.

"How..." I asked, cocking my head to the side slightly flashing a seductive smile.

He grinned at my motive, "Oh...I have a few tricks up my sleeve..."

"Is that so? Because so do I..." I had let my hand wander down to his neck, circling my fingers around his flesh, one of his turn on spots.

"Yo we are 5 minutes away guys! You might wanna...umm...I dunno...get ready to dash into the building quick..." Ray radioed through.

Michael sighed, "Why does he always seem to ruin our moments? Always!" He reached down to grab a scarf.

"Chill, we can have plenty more moments when we're alone..." I quickly raised my eyebrows up and down at him.

He gave me a cheeky side glance from unfolding the scarf.

He handed it to me, "Umm...wrap this around your face...the last thing I want is for us to get recognised in this place..."