Be Careful What You Wish For.

Still Grace's P.O.V.
His eyes widened as he laughed, "Rude! I said I rarely drink."

I raised my eyebrows at him sarcastically, "You said you never drink...and you know you did!"

He shrugged taking a sip of the champagne, purposely sticking out his little finger as he side stared at me. "Well a mans gotta have some luxuries in life!"

I shook my head at him as I took a sip too. I glanced at the fedora that lay beside me, I grabbed it sighing.

"Umm...this is yours..." I said quietly.

He looked and sounded surprised, "Is that my fedora that I gave you?!" He took it from me and brushed it off a little.

I nodded, "Yeah...you told me to give it back to you the next time I saw you...I forgot about it until today..."

He laughed a little, "This is the one that I have worn the most...my favourite one! See...doesn't that tell you that I really wanted to see you again, especially after that glorious first weekend we had met and spent together..." he smiled, perhaps reminiscing.

I smiled too, that was an amazingly cute and sincere gesture.

He glanced at me...maybe my eyes looked sad.

He got up and came to sit next to me, he held out the fedora, "Even though it's my favourite hat...I-I want you to have it...as a piece of me, that way I'll always be with you whenever we're apart. And...I can tell you've become quite attached to it..." his eyes were soft and a smile danced on his lips as he handed it to me.

I didn't know what to say..."Are-are you sure? This is your favourite! You'll miss it!"

He laughed, "Gurl! It might be my favourite but I got like ten others that are exactly the same! I'm sure I'll get over it...besides...it looks good on you..." he winked before leaning in and planting a soft kiss on my lips.

We both sat in silence for a couple of minutes, holding hands and sipping on the champagne before something...a little unnecessary came out of my mouth...completely off topic...it was rather like word vomit...I was quite ashamed...

"Mike? Y'know a while ago when I asked you if you'd ever had a girlfriend before...and you told me about, when you were on the Victory Tour, you saw that girl in the crowd for a mere second and wouldn't rest until you found her, but never did? What did she look like?"

He tensed up a little at my question, yes...I was being nosy...yes...it may have been a little rude...but yes...I wanted to know.

He looked down at the wooden, glossed floor, his grip on the champagne glass appeared to have tightened and his jaw seemed to be clenched. He gave me an uncomfortable glance before taking another sip of alcohol and returning his direction of vision to the floor.

"Why do you ask?..." his voice was quiet...a little stern, he never looked at me.

Me, being the nosy person who loves a good gossip was holding back the giggles at his uncomfortable state, "I'm just curious."

His eyes darted everywhere except for at me, his teeth ground together as if he was trying to boil down his anger or something.

"I don't see why it matters...I have you now, she's history..." his voice was still stern, a tone I'd not yet heard, he finally looked at me, his head hung slightly low.

A grin broke out on my face, his words were cute, but I still wanted to know.

I lunged forward, taking his champagne glass away from him and setting it on the table, I straddled his lap so that I was facing his frustrated face and took his hands. Finally his stare locked onto mine.

I bit my lip, "I know...but I still want you to tell me."

He rolled his eyes and groaned a little as he tilted his head back in a little tantrum, he huffed, he knew he was defeated and I wasn't going to rest until he told me.

He started in a stroppy voice, "It was back in '84...last show of the Victory Tour with my brothers, we were...umm, it was the last song of the night, y'know, big crowd...loud music, we always put a lot into the last song of a show, so we were going all out, dancing, running about the stage, hugging each other and stuff, it was hot...I mean the sweat was pouring off of us, we all had these crystallised striped trousers on, and then we each had different tops on...the stage costumes were heavy and thick which made everything even more hot, smoke machines, light shows, lasers, you name it, it was happening for that last song! So umm...anyway, myself and my brothers had all lined up next to each other on the front of the stage, singing the last line together and that's...when I saw her..." he paused, licking his lips and hesitating, he glanced up at me and I beckoned him to carry on.
He sighed, struggling to look for his words..."You're gonna think I'm crazy stupid or something..." he cringed.

I giggled and played with one of his curls, "For as long as I know you, I will never ever think that, no matter what the circumstance!"

He flashed a grin but then furrowed his eyebrows, "Okay, okay...so...the song ended and we received a standing ovation and we always stayed out on the stage for a good few minutes for the crowd after the last song had ended...I looked out and...right at the front, there was this gurl...I don't - I don't really remember her face, it was a long time ago now but I just remember catching that one glimpse of her, seeing that big wide smile on her face, those bright red jeans and that denim jacket she was wearing and thinking that's the girl for me."

I listened, smiling wildly, even though he was telling me a story about a girl he thought he'd fallen in love with, hearing about it was amazing.

"So...what did you do then?" I pushed.