Be Careful What You Wish For.

Grace's P.O.V.

We sat there in blissful silence for a few moments, probably processing the situation.

"Just...don't ever scare me like that again, okay?" He muttered, glancing at me through the corner of his eyes.

"Okay." I grinned, placing my hand on top of his, tracing my thumb over his veins and knuckles.

"I guess I should go apologise to John..." he whispered.

I nodded at his statement, John was in the midst of getting all the blame when he was in fact the most innocent of us all.

"Come on, I'll go with you." I offered, smiling to make him feel more at ease.

He followed, linking his hand in with mine, we made our way to the kitchen where our gaze was cast upon Cheryl and John sat at the breakfast bar with hot beverages, both shot us cautious glances as we entered.

"Oh thank Jesus on a boat you've both still got all your limbs! Sounded like a real catfight up there." Cheryl smirked.

"Yes thank you Cheryl." Mike said sarcastically, "John...umm...I'm sorry for accusing you and Grace of getting up to stuff, I really do apologise deeply, I didn't know you were...gay." Mike said sheepishly, making me smirk and glance at John who was also appearing to be holding back giggles.

"No harm done Mike, I always said you over react didn't I?!" He said cheerfully.

Michael nodded and a little smile escaped. "And Cheryl? Thank you for making us realise our love for each other."

She took a sip of her drink before shrugging, "Just call me Cupid."

"Well, I best be going, old man Bill will be wondering where I am!" John laughed as he got up, patting Cheryl on the back and Mike on the shoulder as he walked past.

"Bye, John!" I waved, he grinned and winked at me as he left.

"Well imma make you scavengers some good old food, ain't none of that hotel garbage here, you go please yourselves, and by that I don't mean-"

"CHERYL!" Me and Mike both shouted in unison, to make Cheryl stop talking, we looked at each other and giggled.

"Take a walk with me?" Michael smiled as he took his hand in mine, I nodded, following him outside.

We walked side by side in silence for a few minutes, dusk was falling causing the previously bright blue sky to turn indigo and blood red as the fire ball in the sky slowly sank and extinguished.

We stopped and took a seat on a bench, which was beautifully carved out of stone.

"Funny, isn't it?" Michaels voice broke the silence.

"What?" I questioned.

"How they say that a relationship can't consist of three people, yet I don't think we'd be what we are...if it wasn't for Cheryl." He played with his fingers.

I was kind of taken aback, but when I processed his words, I guess he was right...

She was the one who found out that we liked each other then told us, she was the one to tell us what the other wanted, or what the other one liked, she was the one who made us realise our love, if it wasn't Cheryl, we wouldn't be us.

I let the silence soak into our bodies for a few short seconds before I took a hold of his hand and held it up flat against mine, I had always been mesmerised by his hands, compared to mine, his were huge, but they weren't without they're beauty.

Veins travelled around his outer hand, meandering in and around, like the Amazon river. Bones were neatly carved, visible and moved with every motion, his fingers perfectly shaped with knuckles only prominent when needed, it seemed every aspect of his being was formed with such serenity and craftsmanship that he was in fact, a masterpiece.

I pressed my tiny palm against his, dusk was approaching now and as I struggled to make out his facial features in the disappearing daylight, I could still see that promising glitter in his eye.

"Then let's make a pact, and promise that from now on, we shall figure each other out, if there's something wrong, we tell each other, not Cheryl. Agreed?" I said as I alternatively pushed my fingertips against his.

"Agreed." I heard his voice whisper, his fingers then intertwined with mine, he pulled me in close until my head was on his chest, together we sat, watching the night stars appear one by one.

I could never imagine myself leaving this place.