first year ➤diagon alley

HIS CHOSEN GIRL chapter three-diagon alley[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter three-diagon alley
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

Hagrid, (y/n), and I leave the wizard bank, Gringotts, our pockets filled with coins and our minds with anticipation. Well, mine is at least. I rejoice now that we can finally explore Diagon Alley, to but our school supplies.

We walk in and out of practically every store we see browsing and buying our school supplies. Hagrid smiles as he watches us, extremely patient as the two of us kids try to best to see everything and to remember every detail about this day, the sights, the smells, the feelings.

"What's next?" (y/n) asks, popping a jellybean in her mouth.

I laugh as she spits out the every-flavored bean muttering something about earwax and pull out the list from my pocket.

"Our wands," I say excitedly.

Hagrid grins and points us into the direction of the store, Olivanders I think it was called, and tells us he'll meet up with us soon.

I can't help but notice it to be slightly tense walking with (y/n) without Hagrid with us. I couldn't think of anything to say to her. I look over at her once again and couldn't find myself to look away. She was fascinating to look at. The sun causing her  (e/c) eyes to sparkle brightly and as she looked around it was easy to see the curiosity looming within them.

Even her hair was perfect. It wasn't anything special, it wasn't even brushed fully. It was beautiful in all the ordinariness that it held. It was messy and only slightly knotted, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't find it beautiful.

I was so lost in her appearance that I didn't notice the display window just a few feet ahead of me.

I walked straight into the large display window before I even knew what was happening. The shoppers inside glared and the people outside directed their attention towards me at the noise of my forehead reacting against the glass.

I scrambled to my feet instantly and looked down as I felt my cheeks heating up. (y/n) looked at me with sympathy in her eyes although at the same time I could she her trying her hardest not to laugh.

"That was not funny," I grumble.

"Who said it was?" She replies although it came out weird due to her laughing through the sentence. "Oh come on, calm down now it was funny. Why exactly did you walk into a store window?"

"Oh, just urm got distracted," I shrug, trying my best to play it off.

She raises an eyebrow but doesn't say anything else about it besides laughing one last time. We finally see the wand shop in the distance and the excitement runs through me once again as the idea of getting my own wand crosses my mind.