first year ➤christmas

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter twelve-christmas[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter twelve-christmas
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

I follow Harry, Hermione, and Ron as we tirelessly try to convince Hagrid that Snape was the person behind Harry's broom malfunctions.

"Nonsense," Hagrid waves is off for what seems like the millionth time. "Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?"

I groan in annoyance. "We've explained it a hundred times! Come on, Hagrid! We saw what we saw."

"The real question is why was he trying to get past that three headed dog on Halloween?" Harry retorts.

Hagrid stops dead in his tracks before turning around and eyeing us suspiciously. ""Hey, who told yer 'bout fluffy?"

Ron laughs. "Fluffy?"

"It's name is Fluffy?" I add astonished by the irony of the cute name for the ferocious looking creature.

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asks.

"Well o' course he's gotta name!" Hagrid smiles. "He's mine! Bought 'im off  an Irish fellow I met at a pub last year, then I lent 'im to Dumbledore to protect the-" he trails off.

"Yes?" Harry urges.

"Shouldn't o' said that," Hagrid sighs. "No more questions! Don't be askin' anymore questions. Ones tha' are top secret that is."

Harry whines. "But, Hagrid. Whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape is trying to steal!"

"Codswallop," Hagrid dismisses. "Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one," Hermione protests. "I've read all about them, you've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking!"

"Exactly," I chime in, backing up my friends. "We saw it with our own eyes Hagrid! Why won't you just believe us?"

Hagrid sighs. "Now you listen to me. All four o' you," his tone uncharacteristically quiet and serious. "You're  meddlin' in things that aren't supposed to be meddled with. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel,"

I can't help but grin at our giant friend's giant mouth.

"Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry butts in, quick to catch the slip up.

Hagrid's look of disappointment is almost laughable as he turns away shaking his head at himself and walks away. "I shouldn't o' said that. I should not o' said that."