first year ➤detention

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter sixteen-detention [Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter sixteen-detention
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

I sprint, despite being extremely out of breath, rushing back to the castle, hoping that by some miracle, we beat Draco. 

All we were trying to do was to get just a little more information on the Philosopher's Stone but then Hagrid distracted us with his new dragon, sidetracking us from our task. That's when stupid Malfoy caught us now I can only imagine the kinds of trouble we've gotten ourselves in.

"Hagrid had always said he wanted a dragon," Harry pants as we arrive at the castle. "Told me so the first time I met him."

"It's crazy," Ron adds. "And worse, Malfoy knows."

Harry shrugs not following along. "I don't get it. Is that bad?"

As if on cue Professor McGonagall turns the corner of the hallway we were about to turn onto. She has her arms crossed over her chest, a disapproving look in her face and an greatly intimidating stance.

Ron gulps. "It's bad."

"Good evening," McGongall says calmly.

Standing beside her with the evilest smirk on his face is, but of course the snitch himself, Draco Malfoy.

I turn to my friends who watch the woman as if she were a ticking time bomb, just waiting to explode, terror in each of their faces. I sigh leading the sorrowful pack towards her office and looking at the ground ashamed.

The tension is thick inside her office, the four of us standing in front of her desk as she lectures us, Draco annoyingly watching with amusement with a front row seat.

"Nothing," McGonagall addresses. "I repeat. Nothing gives the student the right to walk about the school at night. There for as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken."

"50?" Harry exclaims.

"Each," she replies.

I glance at Malfoy who looks as if he's just became head boy what with the joyous look on his face. I scowl at him my blood boiling to which he merely flashes me one of his signature smirks and signals for me to turn back around by nodding his head at McGonagall. As IF this boy has the audacity to try and tell me what to do.

Nevertheless I turn so that he doesn't see the look of sheer disappointment on my face. 50 points each, thats 200. There's absolutely not a chance we win the house cup now. What with my luck, the Slytherins now most likely have the first place spot secured and Draco will boast to us all about how we practically won the cup for them until we graduate.

McGonagall sighs and I feel guilt. I like professor McGonagall and I feel quite sad that we've disappointed her. "To ensure that this doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention."