second year ➤10 hours is a long time

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter thirty nine-10 hours is a long time [Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter thirty nine-10 hours is a long time
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

TEN HOURS EARLIER.

"Imperio!" Ginny yells.

The forceful blast of magic from Ginny's wand sends me falling to my back, expecting pain. Surprisingly, I feel none. I feel nothing. Every thought flees from my mind and suddenly, my mind is filled with a bunch of new thoughts, although I don't think they're my own. Scared, I try to resist, but the more I push back, the more struggle I feel.

So I let go.

I hear a voice in my head. At first, I think it's my voice of reason, aiding me in a time of need. But after it starts telling me the plan, I feel a small part of myself, the part of myself that feels so far away, the part that's fighting, get scared. Still, I follow the voice's commands, not having much of a choice. Eventually, everything gets blurry, my mind shuts down completely under the spell and the past thing that I register is a scream.
-
I jolt awake with a gasp. Terrified, I scan my surrounding to see that I'm sitting in the girl's lavatory. I reach for my wand and hold it out, paranoia consuming me. I'm shaking and I'm crying and I have no idea why.

As I stand up and stare at myself in the mirror, I jump from shock. My hair is tangled, I'm soaked and covered in dirt, and my ankle has a very sharp pain with each step I take. What happened? What did I do? Why don't I remember?

I close my eyes and put my hands in my heads. Think, (y/n). You need to think. Walking to the sink. "Open." I hobble over to the sink.

"Open," I say. "Open. Open!"

I turn around when I hear movements from behind me. Ginny sits up. She'd been laying down a few feet away from where I was just moments ago. Terrified, I point my wand at her and she quickly holds up her hands in defence.

"(y/n) no it's me! He's not in control anymore," Ginny says quickly, sounding much more like herself.

Overwhelmed with the variety of emotions I'm feeling, I lower my wand shakily, but I don't tuck it away completely. I take a moment to process what exactly the girl's just told me.

"What do you mean? Who's not in control anymore?"

"Tom," Ginny shivers. "Tom Riddle."

"Ginny, what are you talking about?" I ask confused. "Who is Tom Riddle? And what do you mean controlling you?"

"Controlling us," Ginny corrects.