third year ➤hippogriff

*written in january 2017 so may not be as cringey*

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Your P.O.V

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black, do you?" Ron asks Harry anxiously as we walk down the stairs to our next class.

"Oh honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a very woolly discipline.-" Hermione begins.

"I agree," I say.

"-Now, Ancient Runes that's a fascinating subject," she finishes.

"You were doing so well, and then you just lost me."

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?" Ron questions.

"A fair few."

"Hang on. That's not possible. Ancient Runes is in the same time as Divination. You have to be in two classes at once," Ron says.

"Don't be silly, Ronald. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" Hermione retorts picking up her pace. I eye her suspiciously but she just waves me off so I leave it alone. She shakes her head disapprovingly. "Broaden your mind," she mocks.

"Use your inner eye to see the future!" I play along laughing with her.

After walking to the bottom of the hill, we arrive to Hagrid's classroom. Well, kind of classroom. Just outside his hut, but still, I'm incredibly proud of him finally becoming a teacher. He deserves this.

"That's it. Come on, now come closer. Less talking, if ya don't mind," he says gathering us around his hut. "Real treat for you today. A great lesson. Follow me."

He leads us into the forest near his hut and brings us into a clearing. "Is anyone else as scared as I am?" I ask my friends.

"Scared?" Harry questions.

"Hagrid tried to raise a baby dragon in his home. He had a three-headed dog for crying out loud," I retort. My friends mutter in agreement as we start form into a semi-circle around Hagrid.

"Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49."

"Exactly how do we do that?" Malfoy snaps.

"Well, just stroke the spine, of course. Goodness me," Hagrid retorts obviously as he turns around and walks away to, in quote, 'retrieve something'.

I take a deep breath before looking down at my book. Let's just say we didn't get off to the best start. I rub the spot on my next from where my book went all vampire on me.

"Ok book. Don't be a hassle just be kind and if you will just open nicely for me," I coax the book. It snaps at me and I hit it making it whimper. "You stop that right now or I'll accidentally drop you into the black lake," I say making it flip open quickly and earning me judgemental looks from my friends. But I'm used to it so I don't really care.

"I think they're funny," Hermione says turning to us.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny! Really witty! God, this place has gone to the dogs! Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes!"