second year ➤the chamber of secrets

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter thirty four-the chamber of secrets [Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter thirty four-the chamber of secrets
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

"Harry?" I call out for the boy who lived for what honestly feels like the seven millionth time.

We've just finished dinner in the great hall, without Harry. No one has seen him anywhere. Now, Ron, Hermione, and I have formed a search party and split up to locate him. I poke my head into the transfiguration classroom, but the room is deserted, nothing but a cat perched on McGonagall's desk. I continue searching, making my way to the DADA room next.

I peek my head through the window to see Lockhart sitting at his desk next to Harry. I frown. Why on earth would Harry skip dinner to spend some quality time with Lockhart.

He wouldn't.

I knock on the door and wait for it to open. When it does so I enter the room and Harry's eyes full with relief. I scan the scene and try to hide my smile when I see that Harry's been Lockhart's assistant for the evening, helping him to sign autographs.

"Ah, Miss (y/n)," Lockhart acknowledges. "What a delight. I was just having a conversation with young Harry here, he's helping me return my fan mail. Charming boy he is," Lockhart beams. "Maybe one day he'll be as legendary as I."

I nod slowly, my eyes flickering over to Harry to see what he thinks of the statement and he mouths 'help me.'

Struggling to hide my amusement, I turn back to the professor once more. "Couldn't agree more, Professor. The thing is though, I kind of need Harry's help on our latest potions assignment. You see, mine kind of got... destroyed. By all those pixies you let wild into the classroom."

Lockhart flickers his eyes around awkwardly before clearing his throat. "All a part of my lesson, yes. Well, are you sure you can't handle the assignment yourself? As you can so clearly see, I've got loads of fan letters to reply to and-"

Harry stands from his spot abruptly. "Um, actually, Professor, I really should get going."

Lockhart sighs. "Very well then, off you two go," he waves his hand, dismissing us and the moment I leave the room and the door shuts I burst out laughing.

"I cannot believe you were in there, all dinner, signing Lockhart's autographs," I say through my laughter. "Whatever did you even talk about?"

"Him," Harry shudders. "Just him."

This makes me laugh even harder and he swats my arm lightly. "Shut up. It's not like I did so voluntarily. The man practically kidnapped me and held me hostage in his bloody classroom."