first year ➤classes and break-ins

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter seven-classes and break ins[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter seven-classes and break ins
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

"C'mon Harry, hurry up!" Shouts my panicked redhead friend for what seems like the thousandth time as we sprint down the endless hallways of the confusing castle.

"I'm right behind you, Ron. Settle down!" I struggle to respond only a few feet behind as I attempt to shove all of the textbooks and parchment into my book bag, something I had convinced myself I'd have the time to do this morning.

Ron haults immediately, turning to face me with a look of shock plastered onto his fatigued freckled face. "Settle down? Settle down! How can I settle down? We're late to our first lesson, transfiguration no less! That's McGonagall's course, Harry. Fred and George warned me about her. We're gonna be expelled and oh man, mom's gonna be so mad," he rambles, his words, while obviously over exaggerated, still making me anxious. The last bit about being expelled and being forced to return to the Dursley's house of doom making me downright shiver.

"What Ron?" I question exasperatedly as a sudden look of pain crosses his face. "What else could be wrong?"

"We missed breakfast, Harry. It's the most important meal of the day...besides lunch...and dinner of course and you know now that I'm thinking about it-"

"JUST KEEP RUNNING!"

Good on you, Harry. You've really done it this time.

Truthfully, I'm not sure how we overslept so much. We had gone to bed fairly early, no later than 9:30. Maybe I just have yet to get used to sleep

I really don't know how we overslept, we had gone to bed fairly early, no later than 9:30. Waking up is a lot harder to do I guess, when Aunt Petunia isn't screeching at me at the crack of dawn to get a start on breakfast or chores, no less when Dudley pounds down on the fragile stairs causing me to believe it's the start of an earthquake.

Ron and I continue down the long hallways, until eventually, finally, we reach the room we'd been looking for. Bursting through the door, the feeling of embarrassment is quite immediate as the giggling and whispering of our fellow classmates becomes prominent.

It only bothers me for a moment or so, however. I glance around the room awestruck. Never in my life had I been in a classroom so big, to compare it to my old school would be completely unfair. It be like comparing a kitten to a lion.

Said room was illuminated not only by the several candlesticks lit behind the professor's desk, but by the giant windows that went from floor to ceiling. There were four rows of three desks all occupied by students who were already scribbling furiously on parchment.