first year ➤the sorting hat

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter five-the sorting hat[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter five-the sorting hat
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

The first thing we heard when we stepped off the train, was the familiar voice of our giant friend that we had met earlier.

"Right then, First years! This way please! C'mon now! First years, don't be shy!"

Ron, (y/n) and I join the rest of the scared looking first years and walk over to the tall man.

"'Ello, Harry, (y/n)," Hagrid greets us with a warm smile.

"Hi, Hagrid," she smiles.

"Hey, Hagrid!" I add.

"Wow," Ron says staring up at the giant.

"Alright now, first years! Follow me to the boats, c'mon now!" Hagrid yells yet again after scanning the crowd of students and making sure he hasn't forgotten any of us.

The lot follows after Hagrid not paying much attention as to where we're going, most of us looking around trying to take in everything.

We finally get to a large black lake with several small boats lined up symmetrically. Ron and I jump in and when I turn to make sure (y/n) gets in okay, I see her standing before the boat hesitantly.

"Come on then," I say hopefully encouraging her.

"Yeah, right I just.. uh.. you know, I've never been in one of these, I've never even been swimming," she replies her eyes not leaving the dark water. 

I smile at her and stretch out my arm connecting our hands. "I wont let you fall."

She smiles thankfully at me and steps down into the boat and smiles relieved. "Thanks, Harry."

"What are friends for?" I reply smiling.

"Friends, yeah right," Ron whispers to me mischievously to which I shove him lightly.

The young students talk animatedly together as we look around at the scenery circling us. The peaceful water and calming sound as the boats effortlessly glided over it, the light fog that rested just above the water which made everything look as if it were floating on cloud, the large rocks and mountains on every side of you which made the area look like it were right off of a post card, but the most breathtaking of all, was the castle.

The castle was ginormous no doubt. In fact, it was so huge that there was no way it could be standing on its own without some type of magical aid. There were a jumble of towers within the whole building and although it was hard to see due to the depths of the night, it was nevertheless the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. It seemed as if there were one million windows all of which emitting a bright welcoming light and I decided it wouldn't be too hard to call this place my home.