second year ➤something bad is happening at hogwarts

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter thirty eight-something as is happening at hogwarts [Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter thirty eight-something as is happening at hogwarts
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

"Killllll,"

I jolt up immediately and search the hospital wing for the source of the mysterious voice I've been hearing ever since we've arrived at Hogwarts this year. It concerns me, really, how it seems as though I'm the only one who's able to hear the voices, it makes me question if there even there at all, if they're all in my mind. Though it's hard to tell because my vision is blurry without my glasses, there's seemingly no one else in the hospital wing, no one but me.

I reach over to the table beside me, put on my glasses and lay back on my pillow, staring up at the ceiling. I can't make out anymore words, just what seems to be a kind of growling sound and as I stare up at the roof, it's clear that the sound seems to be coming from above. Although I am exhausted, that information may be faulty.

I feel myself growing anxious so I look away from the ceiling, I instead advert my eyes almost getting a heart attack in the process when I see two giant eyes staring back at me from the end of my bed.

"Hello," says Dobby's extremely cheery voice.

"D-Dobby?" I stutter, hand on my heart as I try to steady my breathing from the fright he had given me just seconds ago.

"Harry Potter should've listened to Dobby. Harry Potter should've gone back home when he missed the train," Dobby whines, cheerful voice gone within seconds.

I stare at him, confused. How on earth could he have possibly known about Ron and I missing the train unless- no.

"It was you," I accuse. "It was you who stopped the barrier from letting Ron and me through,"

Dobby looks down, ashamed. "Indeed, yes, sir,"

"You nearly got Ron and me expelled!" I whisper as to not draw any attention but make my anger extremely clear.

"At least you would be away from here. Harry Potter must go home!" Dobby begs. "Dobby thought his bludger would make Harry Potter see that-"

"Your bludger," I speak to myself as I absorb all of this information in my brain. The person who'd had it out on me this entire month, that really felt as long as about five, has been Dobby. But why? "You made that bludger chase after me?"

"Dobby feels most aggrieved, sir. Dobby had to iron his hands," he holds out his hands weakly and I wince as I see all of the dirty bandages tied around them. I feel sympathy towards the house elf, but only for a quick minute, what he did was still by choice.

"You better clear off before my bones come back, Dobby or I might strangle you," I warn.

Dobby makes a fearful screeching noise and hops off the bed. I climb out as well, staring down at him. Dobby begins retreating slightly the closer I get to him. "Dobby is used to death threats, sir. Dobby gets them five times a day at home."