second year ➤dueling club

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter forty one-dueling club[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter forty one-dueling club
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

"Gather round!" Screams Lockhart.

I sigh upon seeing Harry, Hermione and Ron from across the room laughing amongst themselves. There's been high tension since my outburst in the cafeteria I really can't blame them for thinking something is up with me, after all they're right. Still I can't help but feel annoyed that they're just so accusing. If only they understood that I'm keeping it quiet purely for their own safety.

Right now in defence against the dark arts we're learning how to duel, we're supposed to be anyways. I think that, for once, something that Lockhart teaches could be of use to me. In my current state, it'd really benefit if I knew how to defend myself.

"Gather round," Lockhart repeats. "Can everybody see me? Can you all... hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events in recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little duelling club. To train you all up as you ever need to defend yourselves. As I myself have done on countless occasions. For further details, see my published work," I roll my eyes as Lockhart dramatically throws his cape into the crowd. I duck as it flies in my direction then have to move completely because of the group of girls start fighting over it. Gross. "I would now like to welcome, Professor Snape." Snape walks onto the duelling platform looking as unimpressed as ever. "He has sportingly agreed to assist me in a demonstration. Now you youngsters mustn't worry, you'll still have your potions teacher when I'm done. Never fear."

The two men walk towards each other, stopping just a few feet apart. They raise their wands, lower them, bow to one another and then turn around, taking a total of five steps away from each other.

"One. Two. Three."

"Expelliarmus!"

Snape is quite to make the first move, casting the spell immediately and sending Lockhart flying across the duelling platform. His shocked face is priceless as he lands on his arse with a thud. He lifts himself up and dusts himself off as many students gasp. I try my very, very hardest to stifle my laughter. Never would I ever have thought that I'd be cheering for professor Snape.

"An excellent idea to show them that Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious what you were about to do," Lockhart announces, walking towards the professor. "And if I had wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy," Lockhart says walking over to Snape and I must say that this man is brilliant about making things up on the spot.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells," Snape is quick to retort.

Lockhart pauses for a moment before he shouts, "An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Well... let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?"