second year ➤brightest witch of our generation

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter fifty one-brightest witch of our generation[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter fifty one-brightest witch of our generation
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

I make my way down the the Quidditch pitch, following my team feeling confident that we'll have a successful game. I scan the crowd, searching for my friends. I see Ron sitting in his usual seats, but the two beside him remain empty. Ron catches my eye and waves and I return the gesture before jerking my head towards the unoccupied seats beside him in attempt to wordlessly communicate, asking if he knows the whereabouts of the girls. He seems to catch on for he looks at the seats himself before looking back at me and shrugging.

I frown. That's incredibly weird. (y/n) nor Hermione has ever missed a Quidditch game.

~meanwhile~

Your P.O.V

"Go, you must go with the basilisk. You have a job to do."

I shake my head though I know it does no good. I do everything in my power not to give in to the voice inside my head, to resist. I know that he's using me, sending me off to kill another but the guilt that comes with is getting to be unbearable and my eyes begin to well up.

"Stop!" I yell. "I can't. Please stop doing this!" I plead with my controller as I feel myself moving towards the giant reptile.

Though the creature listens to me, I feel immensely horrified each time I come in contact with it. At this point, I really wish it'd just put me out of my misery and kill me instead.

"Go. Go withhhh the basilisk. Go to the Mudblood. Watch the color drain from her eyes." The voice instructs.

"Have you not yet been able to comprehend? You have no power here. This will all be much, much less painful for you and your little friend if you merely allow me to take control. Now go to the library and watch the color drain from the eyes of the little Mudblood girl. She knows all too much."

I look around me, as I always do trying to take in my surroundings. I know though that it'll be no use. I never remember anything of importance when he takes away the trance.

It then occurs to me. Who else would spend her time in the library rather than down with everyone else at the Quidditch game? Who else is a known Muggleborn and is the designated queen for 'knowing too much'? I begin sobbing as my feet move me faster to the exit.

"No!" I scream. "Not Hermione, please, please don't make me do this to Hermione." My feet continue to move and I let out a scream so loud that the basilisk let's out one of his own, in fear of my outburst. "Shut up you oversized snake!" I yell as it whimpers and slinks into the corner.

"Anger, yes, use this. Channel this anger and out it into your work, you'll be a natural, surely, it's in your blood. What's this? NO. You stupid girl, you're aimless protesting has thrown us off schedule! She's leaving the library. She's wondering where you are you were supposed to meet her there ten minutes ago. Oh no. Oh no, no, no, she KNOWS. Go, NOW! Kill her."