second year ➤it's gone

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter fifty-it's gone[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter fifty-it's gone
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

"It was Hagrid," Harry explains to Hermione and Ron as he leads our group out of the castle. "Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago."

Yesterday Harry and I had experienced some weird stuff, simply stated. We had time travelled, for lack of better word, fifty years ago and watched as Tom Riddle confronted Hagrid about being the one responsible for opening up the Chamber of Secrets, the first time around.

Still, the name Tom Riddle rings a bell. It's been driving me mad since last night. I know that name. I've seen it somewhere, heard it somewhere. It's right on the top of my tongue, but at the same time, I haven't even a clue as to why I'd even know the name to begin with.

Whoever this Tom Riddle is, I refuse to believe his accusations. Hagrid would never in a million years intentionally harm someone. Surely he can't be responsible for opening the chamber. On the other hand though, I saw him caught in the act, while he may not have been opening the chamber exactly, he most definitely was up to some sketchy business. Besides, Tom seemed fairly certain that the creature in Hagrid's trunk was the monster down in the chamber, the one that had killed that girl.

I decide it's best to remain fairly impartial. I want to believe my friend, I do, but there's significant evidence against him, and it's a possibility that I'd rather just believe that Hagrid is innocent rather than confront him and risk confirming that he's not. That being said, my friends and I have the tendency to jump to conclusions and it's highly possible that Hagrid is being framed or, like me, did something, yes, but not under his own will.

"It can't be Hagrid. It just can't be," Hermione says, shaking her head.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle," Ron adds. "He sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me."

"The monster killed somebody, Ron," Harry reminds him. "What would any of us have done?"

"Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go ask him about it?" Hermione suggests.

"That would be a cheerful visit," Ron retorts sarcastically. "Hello Hagrid! Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?"

"Mad and Hairy?" The four of us freeze at the familiar voice of the man we'd just been discussing. "You wouldn't be talkin' about me would ya?" Hagrid asks appearing behind Ron.

"No," we all say too quickly.

Hagrid stares at us for a moment, clearly catching on to the fact that we're acting extremely unusual. Harry, Ron and Hermione and I look amongst ourselves anxiously, wondering how much he had heard.

"So, er, what have you got there, Hagrid?" I ask suspiciously cheerful, pointing to whatever it is that's in his hand.

"Yeah, what's it for?" Harry adds.