second year ➤closed

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter fifty two-closed[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter fifty two-closed
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟
I sit quietly in the Gryffindor common room, awaiting something to happen. McGonagall called for all of Gryffindor house to meet here immediately after classes she she could give us a message or something of those sorts. I glance at the clock once more. Ron and Harry won't be here for another ten minutes.

I've come down with a horrible flu, so I've been excused from classes for the remainder of the week. I honestly believe that to be an excuse though, everyone who's anyone knows about how shaken up I am about Hermione, truth be told I'm convinced my professor's pitied me, and gave me the rest of the week to recover. Even Snape flashes me the briefest look of sympathy as he handed me my homework for the week, well, at least a look of less hatred. 

Harry and Ron are visiting her now, they visit her daily in the hospital wing. They usually go at the end of class and sometimes again after supper. I haven't been able to return since McGonagall brought us there the first time. Every time I see her my heart aches and I feel a guilt that can't be explained. The image of her petrified body will remain in my mind for the rest of my life, and every time I picture it, which is often, I'm reminded that I did that to her, I'm the one that made her that way.

I can say with absolute confidence, that it's the worst thing I've ever done.

"(y/n)?"

I look up and immediately begin wiping the tears that I didn't even know started to well up in my eyes.

"Hey, Fay."

Fay Dunbar is a girl in my year. She's got brown hair and blue eyes, she's gorgeous really. I didn't see much of her last year besides the occasional greeting, this year though, I guess she's come out of her shell. She's been speaking up more and expanding her friend group.

She looks at me now with concern in her eyes as she watches me and I look away, refusing to let her see me cry. "I heard about Hermione," she says awkwardly. "Are you ok?"

She doesn't even know the half of it.

"I'm, um, I'm fine, or I will be at least," I stammer out, not really wanting to delve into the traumatic past couple of months I've experienced, the ones necessary to honestly answer the question 'are you ok' with a girl who I don't even really know. "How are you though, how've you been?"

"Oh," she replies, seemingly surprised I flipped the conversation around so quickly. "I'm fine, thanks."

The two of us sit in awkward silence and I begin to wonder what she's still doing here. By now, most of Gryffindor has entered the common room including Lavender Brown, who I usually see Fay hanging around. The door to the common room swings opened once again and Fay turns her head hopefully, her eyes brightening automatically. I strain my neck to see Harry and Ron walk through the portrait hole and I feel a pit in my stomach. I only hope it's Ron she fancies.