third year ➤divination outbursts and unfinished essays

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no
characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Your P.O.V

So I've been back at school for about a week. Luckily for everyone, especially me, everything has been pretty tame lately. I had about six pounds of homework, all of which Hermione spent a good while scolded me for not finishing.

"You had hours, days to complete your assignments! How could you be so irresponsible?" She had yelled.

But I didn't fight back. Why would I? I had been reunited with my best friends. For a girl who's been used to being alone, I forgot how much our species needs people.

"Miss Riddle!" Professor Trelawney yells, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I ask oblivious to the fact that I spent the past twenty minutes focused on my thoughts rather than the lesson.

"This is the fourth time I've seen you losing your thought. You MUST think deeper Miss Riddle." She says making dramatic arm movements and trying her best to sound mad which doesn't work out very well because of her voice's natural quivery, exaggerated flow, makes it hard for me to take her seriously.

"Of course, Professor," I shrug and turn my attention back to the crystal ball rested on the table.

"Broaden your minds! You must look beyond!" She yells forgetting about scolding me and returning to the class.

"The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the inner eye. Only then can you see. Try again."

"Now, what do we have here, hmm?" Professor Trelawney asks approaching our table's group. Harry and Ron scurry up and pretend to be staring thoughtfully at the crystal ball.

"Oh so they actually fall asleep and I'm the one who gets yelled at," I mumble rolling my eyes earning an 'accidental' punch in the shoulder from Ron.

"Oh, do you mind me trying?" Hermione asks from beside me.

I dismiss it as Hermione just trying to show us all up before looking at her again confusedly. Was she always sitting beside me?

"Ah... Ah," Professor Trelawney replies amused.

"The Grim... possibly," Hermione states confidently.

"My dear... from the first moment you stomped foot in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for Divination," Professor Trelawney says calming as she grabs hold of Hermione's hand, not noticing how her breath begins to quicken, her nostrils starting to flare. Trelawney furrows her eyebrows and points to a line on Hermione's palm. "Ah, you may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's. Your soul, as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave, mm hmm," she finishes patting her hand lazily.

I open my mouth to defend my best friend but close it before I do so because I'm not really sure exactly what Trelawney said. Before I can do anything, Hermione exhales loudly shaking her hand from the professor's grip, stands up and roughly pushes the crystal ball off the table before storming out of the classroom.

The class bursts out into whispers. Did the Hermione Granger really just do that?

Quickly the class goes silent, waiting to see the professor's reaction, the only noise to the human ear is the thump, thump, thump of the crystal ball rolling down the hard stairs.