second year ➤where is (y/n)(l/n)?

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter fifty seven-where is (y/n) (l/n)?[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter fifty seven-where is (y/n) (l/n)?
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

I wake up with a smile on my face when the events of last night come to mind. Okay, even in my own brain that doesn't come across as I meant it too, I mean talking with (y/n). I don't know what came over me, I really don't, but I'm glad it did.

"Morning, mate," Ron says groggily, waking up a few minutes after me, shielding his eyes from the light shining through the windows.

"Good morning," I reply chirpily.

"What's up with you?" He asks, rubbing his eyes.

"What do you mean?" I ask as I tie my tie.

"I dunno," Ron shrugs, dragging himself out of bed. "You seem so happy... and it's morning."

I smile to myself. "Yeah, I know. Come on, let's go get breakfast."

Ron and I, after a fair amount of dawdling on his part, eventually make our way down to the great hall, taking a seat at the Gryffindor table. I feel a little confused as to why (y/n)'s not already there, saving us a seat. Only once in a blue moon does (y/n) show up for breakfast later than we do, a side effect to rooming with Hermione I suppose.

I glance to the door once, then twice, then eventually once or twice a minute. "Where do you think (y/n) is?" I finally ask my best friend who smirks immediately.

"Oh, so that's why you're so happy," he replies grinning to himself.

I flick a piece of fruit at him. "Shut up."

Ron puts his fork down on the table and looks at me accusingly. "Look me dead in the eyes and tell me you don't fancy (y/n)."

"I can't," I shrug, speaking casually and hoping that in doing so he won't read any further into it.

"Why?"

I sigh. "Because it's true."

Ron's eyes widen as if he hasn't been teasing me about liking her for the past two years. "Wait, really? You really like her?"

I can't help but smile at the thought of her. "Yeah, I have for awhile actually."

"Well, are you gonna tell her?"

I deliberate for a moment. "Yeah. I think I am."

Ron stares at me, inquiring me. "Interesting. So you've kept these feelings to yourself, you know more or less, for the past two years and now you suddenly want to declare your feelings?"