first year ➤more letters

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter fourteen-more letters[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter fourteen-more letters
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟
I sigh. I'm better than this, I know I'm better than this. I've grown up to be extremely independent for my age, my self control is admirable and I really, truly don't need to be responding to the letter from my alleged mother, especially when I'd promise myself I'd wait until I had thought it over completely. Not to mention it's illegal. Still, I revise my letter for a fourth time, wanting to make sure it's perfect, you know, in case I ever actually do send it.

Mum,
Hello. I had promised myself not to answer your letter, but I'm overwhelmed with curiosity and enough questions to keep you answering for ages. So truthfully, I couldn't help myself. I don't really know how to talk to you...most parents ask their kids about their day at school, right? Well schools going great. I've made lots of friends, and I do well in classes. It's like a dream coming here after living on the streets for a year. Which reminds me, I don't think, at least right now, I'll be able to forgive you for everything you've done to me for all of the terrible things you've put me through. You made me have to grow up, to learn to take care of myself to survive at an age far too young. I missed out on being a kid. However, now you say that everything you did, you did to protect me and now I don't know what to believe. Why are you in Azkaban? And why didn't you tell me I was a wizard? What were you trying to protect me from? Why did you let dad hurt me? During these holidays I realize how much I envy everyone else who get to go home to a nice family, a family who they love and who loves them back. I never realized until now how much I missed out on. If you do get out, I may consider meeting with you, to give you a chance to explain yourself and thank you for the ring, it's lovely. Happy Christmas, mum.
(y/n)

I seal the letter and wonder to myself if I'm playing with fire. I try to remember my mother, remember everything she's ever said and done and try to piece together how she could've been protecting me, and what she was protecting me from.

I decide that's enough for today. Too much thinking of her and I know it'll consume my brain, speaking of actually..

I move from my spot in front of the fireplace and seat myself next to Ron.

"It's midnight," I say.

"Yep and no sign of Harry."

Harry's snuck out every night since Christmas to go and see that stupid mirror. To say I'm worried would be an understatement. He's completely obsessed over that thing. Although I guess I see why, he sees his parents in that mirror. Now whatever that means exactly, we still haven't figured it out, he sees himself with his parents and really that's all he's ever wanted. So, I guess I get it.

I still don't understand fully what I had seen in the mirror, all I saw was Harry and I. The only odd thing, is that Harry was across the room, so there's no way I should've been able to see him from the angle we were standing. I guess those answers will have to wait until Hermione comes back from Christmas break.