third year ➤the letter that should've never been sent

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no
characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Your P.O.V

I walk to the owlery letters in hand. I've poured my heart out this time. I spent about an hour making sure it was perfect. I used six pieces of parchment until it met my standards. If i put this much effort into my school, I'd be Hermione level smart. Anyway, the letter, I basically told my mum that I know everything, absolutely everything. She can't hide anything from me anymore, can't lie about anything anymore because I know it all. I asked her to leave me alone, until she gets out of prison at least. After she gets out, I wanna meet her.

Taking a deep breath, I walk out of my dorm and down to the common room. I open the portrait door and before I can react, am being tackled to the ground by a certain raven haired boy who's cheeks turn as red and the Gryffindor banners hanging on the walls.

"(y/n)," he says looking at me. He looks like he's trying to figure out what to say next.

After about a minute I get impatient and take over. "Harry, d'ya mind? I have places to be."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you get off me now."

"Oh... oh! Right, er, sorry," he pushes himself off the ground before extending his hand and pulling myself up.

"Thanks," I say shortly looking away.

I haven't forgotten our fight earlier. I don't usually hold grudges but what can I do? He said some pretty stupid things. Made some irrelevant accusations. I look up at him to shoo a quick glare just to make him feel bad when I see him already looking at me with big innocent eyes. Oh man those eyes. It should be illegal to have eyes that beautiful. No! Stop it, (y/n). You're supposed to be mad. You wrote the letter because you were so mad. Oh no! I've completely forgotten about the letter.

I look down at the envelope in my hand, off white coloring with my slightly messy handwriting across the middle. She does have a beautiful name my mother. Ok, I'm getting really off topic. I should be going to mail this thing.

"(y/n), I'm sorry about our fight ok? I know what I did was dumb but you don't have to keep ignoring me," he says looking at me with actual hurt in his eyes.

"I'm not ignoring you," I reply sounding more cold then I intended too. He stands there, taken aback slightly. I take the opportunity to walk past him and put the common room.

"(y/n)!" I hear from the distance.

What now? I turn around to see Hermione and Ron running towards me.

"Hello my friends," I say when they catch up to Harry and I, Harry still taken aback by my harsh attitude.

"Hey, uh where you going?" Ron asks.

"Stop playing, you know I wrote the letter. I'm going to mail it," I reply honestly.

"(y/n). We've told you several times. If you mail that letter, it's over. Snape will report it and you'll be taken to the ministry for questioning," Hermione says.

"I don't care, Mione. She needs to see this one," I retort.

The three of them groan in frustration. Where I simply roll my eyes. This is the last thing I need to do. "What is your problem?" Ron asks.

"What do you mean what is my problem? You're my problem, all of you are," I look at Harry. "You especially."

Harry and Ron exchange a glance then run directly to me tackling me again. I fall in the moment and Hermione takes my moment of weakness to her advantage and picks up the letter.

"Okay you guys, seriously, stop," I say getting more frustrated. Hermione starts opening the letter. "Hey!" I yell.

I use all my strength to push the boys off and charge for Hermione. I don't pull my wand out just yet, but I keep hold of it just in case. I don't know what's wrong with my friends today, but I'm not in the mood for this. I grab the letter from her easily. Someone grabs my shoulder and I turn around and glare. They suddenly all freeze in their spots. Fear in their eyes.

Hermione clears her throat. "Maybe we were a little... pushy."

I scoff although I'm still extremely confused. "What just happened?"

"The eyes," Harry says.

"They turned red again?" I ask.

The three of them nod. I sigh and slide down against the wall. One by one they sit down beside me.

"Are you ok?" Ron asks.

"I'm scared," I reply.

"Scared?" Harry questions.

"I've been scared since they told me I was related to them. Scared that one day I'll wake up and be like them, evil, heartless... I don't want that. People always say I have an attitude... what if it's not an attitude? What i it's who I am? Rude and hurtful. Every time my eyes turn red... it reminds me of them and how I'm related to the darkest wizards of all time. That's what everyone here is going to think of me as. Oh (y/n) Riddle? The daughter of Voldemort? That's who I'm going to be to people. Labels matter... but that's why I need to send the letter. She needs to know, know that I know... I need to meet her, talk to her-"

"Talk to her?" Hermione asks. "(y/n), I completely understand but-"

"No, Hermione, you don't understand. You have to parents, there's relatively nothing wrong with you. Labels matter, I'm not evil, maybe my mum isn't either. The letters she writes... I just need to know that's all, I don't expect you guys to-"

"I get it," Harry says. "If there was anyway I could talk to my parents, I'd take it."

I look at him thankfully then turn back to my friends. "Please just let me do this."

Hermione sighs. "Hurry up. The owlery is gonna close soon."

"Thank you. I love you guys," I say before running off.

Little did I know that mailing that letter, would be one of the worst things that's ever happened to me. I couldn't have messed up more.
*****************
a/n

i have a fabulous idea....

for new chapters
for a new book (non harry potter)

it's a good day.

LELE potter weasley malfoy finnegan diggory scamander

love you guys more than myrtle loves death xx

dobby sock squad out.