first year ➤nicholas and norbert

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter fifteen-nicholas and norbert[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter fifteen-nicholas and norbert
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

Hermione's hurried steps are heard throughout the quiet library as she approaches us quickly. She drops a large book, that quite possibly weighs as much as she does, onto the table, scattering our quills from the force and causing (y/n) to quickly grab the bottle of ink that just nearly ruined her almost completed homework.

A new term has started at Hogwarts and all the students have returned from winter break. Currently, Ron, (y/n) and I are studying in the library, trying to finish all the homework we'd neglected to do over the break.

"I had you looking in the wrong section," Hermione announces, amusedly in disbelief at the fact that she had made a mistake. "How could I be so stupid?"

"What are you talking about?" (y/n) questions while frantically searching for the ingredients of a forgetful potion.

"What is that?" Ron asks gesturing to the large book.

"I totally forgot that I had taken it out a few weeks ago for some light reading," she replies flipping through pages furiously.

I gape at her.

"This is light?" Asks an evidently shocked Ron.

I, along with (y/n), chuckle at his comment but silence ourselves immediately once noticing the serious glare on Hermione's face as she eyes the redhead with disapproval.

She returns her attention to the book in full concentration. "This is it!" She cheers. "Of course, here it is, Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone."

(y/n) closes her potions book, now listening intently to Hermione's words. "The what?"

Hermione shakes her head in disbelief. "Honestly don't you three ever read? The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It can transform any metal into pure gold and produces the elixir of life with would make the drinker immortal,"

"Immortal?" Ron repeats.

"It means you'll never die," Hermione informs automatically.

"I know what it means!" Ron retorts clearly offended.

"Shh!" I tell the both of them. They really do just never stop.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday," Hermione continues.

It will never cease to amaze me how downright mental it is that I am a part of this nonsensical wizarding world.

"That's what fluffy's guarding on the third floor," Hermione carries on. "That's what's under the trapdoor. The philosophers stone."