second year ➤lockhart and lucius

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter twenty six-lockhart and lucius[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter twenty six-lockhart and lucius
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

Hermione, Harry, and I walking into Flourish and Blotts to see a group crowding at the front. I push my way past people until I see a cluster of redheads standing near the front of the mass of people.

Molly Weasley breathes a sigh of relief when she sees Harry. "Oh Harry, thank goodness. We'd hoped you'd only gone one grate too far," she says dusting him off.

Grate? However did the Weasley's get here? I didn't even notice until now that Harry is completely covered in soot. I've got to ask him about it later, because I love nothing more than a good story to use to embarrass my friends.

The thoughts of irritating my friends quickly vanishes from my mind, as I am scooped into the arms of none other than Mrs. Weasley. Whom I had never met before, but still scoops me into her arms so lovingly as if I were one of her own.

"You must be (y/n)!" She exclaims squeezing me so tightly that I'm incapable of answering. "Oh, how nice it is to finally meet you! Ron has told us all about you, and about Hermione, of course, say, where is she I've just been dying to meet the girls Ron hasn't stopped talking about!"

I crane my neck to see Ron and Hermione talking by a nearby stack of books. "Seems she's a little preoccupied," I tease.

Mrs. Weasley nods. "Best let them have their moment then."

I giggle. I decide that I love Mrs. Weasley. She's funny, sweet, loving, she's all you could want in a mom.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mrs. Weasley," I say politely.

She shakes her head immediately. "Now you call me Molly, dear."

She gives me the warmest smile, to which I return before I excuse myself to go say hello to her son. I approach the group that Harry and who I assume to be Ron's little sister, have also joined.

I jump into Ron's back from behind so that he carries me in a piggyback. "Hello, Ronald. Did you miss me?"

Ron snorts. "Miss your sarcastic comments and constant teasing? ... Of course I did."

So I guess Harry's not the only one whose voice is no longer higher than mine and Hermione's.

I turn to the small girl beside me. "Hey, I don't believe we've formally met. I'm (y/n)."

"I'm Ginny," she replies shyly.

I engage in some small talk with Ginny for awhile. I ask her about classes, if she's excited to begin Hogwarts, all that boring stuff. She warms up quite quickly, and I realize she's much more enjoyable when she isn't afraid of speaking to you.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart."

Molly gasps admiringly. "Here he is!"

The crowd of people begin clapping like mad and whisper amongst themselves at the words of the announcer. I turn to the front, curious to see who the fuss is about.