second year ➤flirt much?

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter fifty six-flirt much?[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter fifty six-flirt much?
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

I walk into the girls dorms and head towards my bed completely and utterly exhausted for no particular reason. All that I'd been looking forward to since the moment I woke up this morning was bedtime.

However, when I get to my bed, I groan at the sight of a letter resting nicely on my pillow. This is, I believe, the sixth letter I've ignored from my mum and really I wish that she'd just take the hint already. I sigh, moving to toss it into my trunk along with the others when I hesitate. What if it's an emergency? What if she's been released from Azkaban?

I begin tearing open the letter before I throw it into the trunk and lock it away for good. No, (y/n). I cannot do this to myself, I've been doing so well. After a few deep breaths I decide that I'm all good. I don't need to look. Instead, I climb into bed and burry myself in the covers. By the time I wake up, I surely won't even remember the letter.

3:59am

Curiosity killed the cat. I should know this. I should also know that I have the self control of a little kid on Christmas morning. Now here I am, ripping open the letter as if my life depends on it.

My dearest (y/n)
Hello darling, how are you doing? So, it seems that you're curious as to why you can't find your father and I in your Azkaban book. I'm impressed in your little detective skills. The last time you'd seen "me", I used a different name, a different face. I promise my darling that one day, one faithful day, you will understand. You'll understand why you can speak to snakes, why that nosey old wand maker is so invested in your story, why you, (y/n) are sure to be one of the most powerful wizards the world has ever seen. You're going to do great things my dear, after this year I know it. My little, (y/n), I've never been so proud.
xoxo, mum

Shivers run along my spine. I feel like I'm being watched, I must be. How on earth can she possibly know everything about me? How I'm feeling, what I'm doing, what I'm thinking? I mean I've heard of mother's intuition, but really this is a bit much.

The more I read her letter the more I grow confused. 'The last time you'd seen "me" I used a different name, a different face' what kind of messed up mystery novel am I living in? How does she know that I'm going to do great things and why on earth is she proud of me for what I'm doing now? I hate to say it, I really do, but maybe Azkaban has taken a toll on my mother's mental well being, she truly seems unwell.

I try to calm myself down as the thoughts and questions continue to swirl around in my mind, my brain incapable of keeping up, processing all of the information and missing pieces. This, this is why I had stopped responding to my mother, it makes me insane. I need Hermione back. I need to talk to her, now. The air is growing thick and I'm beginning to feel dizzy. I allow my feet to tip toe out of the common room, my mind and body following along as they lead me out of my dorm and up the stairs to the boy's dorms.