first year ➤the philosopher's stone part 1

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter eighteen-the philosopher's stone part 1[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter eighteen-the philosopher's stone part 1
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

Hermione, Ron, Harry and I quietly sneak down to the common room. It's late, everyone else is asleep. We waited hours for everyone to fall asleep so that we could put our plan into action. I just hope we're not too late.

As Hermione and I climb down the stairs from the girl's dorms and Harry and Ron appear from the boy's, the four of us jump in fright at the sudden sound of a croaking frog.

We  recognize it immediately as Neville's pet toad. Ron scowls at the frog for nearly blowing our cover. "Trevor, shhhh. Go, you shouldn't be here!"

"Neither should you," I for one jump again, cursing in my mind for allowing myself to become so jumpy after that trip to the Forbidden Forest.

I eyes scan the room, landing on one Neville Longbottom.

I turn to the boys whacking the both of them in frustration. "How could you not have noticed that Neville wasn't in the dorm?" I hiss.

"We thought he forgot the password and was locked out again!" Ron protests.

"Hey!" Neville says, offended as he pushes himself from the armchair he was sitting on. "You're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

Busted. The four of us glance at each other, wondering who's gonna get us out of it this time.

"Now Neville," Harry begins calmly, an attempt of reasoning with h the boy. "Listen, we were-"

"No!" Neville cuts him off irrationally. "I won't let you."

Don't be fooled, I'm rejoicing that Neville's finally standing up for himself, really, I am. He's just picked about the worst possible timing for such an occasion is all.

"Neville," I speak, holding my hands up. "I promise. There's a really good reason this time," I take a step closer. "Just let us explain."

"No!" Neville cries out, causing me to whip my head towards the stairs, praying he doesn't wake anyone else. "You're gonna get Gryffindor in trouble again!"

Neville gulps before raises his fists and shakily sputtering out, "I'll fight you."

You've got to be kidding me with this.

Hermione, deciding enough was enough, sighs. "Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this!" She pulls out her wand and aims it at the unarmed boy, who grows a look of terror on his face. "Petrifucus Totalus,"