third year ➤ten more points from gryffindor

*written in january 2017 so may not be as cringey*

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Harry's P.O.V

By now nearly everyone in the Great Hall is sleeping. Except me. I can't sleep with the thought that Sirius Black could be in this castle, looking for me. Even though I very well know that the castle gates are locked and the teachers are in the room with us, Sirius is a smart man. He's gotta be, he busted himself outta Azkaban.

I hear the Hall doors burst open and I look up quickly in fear. I realize it's just Filch and put my head back down.

"I've searched the Astronomy Tower and the Owlery, sir. But there's nothing there," he says.

"Ah, thank you," Dumbledore replied closing the doors.

"The third floor's clear too, sir," Flitwick adds.

"Very good."

"And I've done the dungeons, Headmaster. No sign of Black, nor anywhere else in the castle," Snape announces.

"I didn't really expect him to linger."

"Remarkable feat, don't you think? To enter Hogwarts Castle on one's own, completely undetected," Snape says as I hear both his and Dumbledore's footprints coming closer.

"Quite remarkable, yes," Dumbledore replies.

"Any theories on how he might have managed it?"

"Many. Each as unlikely as the next."

"You may recall, prior to the start of the term, I did express concerns about your appointment of Professor Lupin..."

"Not a single professor inside this castle would help Sirius Black to enter it. No, I'm quite convinced the castle is safe. And I'm more than willing to send the students back to their houses."

"What about Potter? Should he be warned?" Snape asks.

I can hear by the volume of their voices that they must be right in front of my sleeping bag, thinking I'm asleep.

"Perhaps. But for now, let him sleep. For in dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own. Let him swim in the deepest ocean. Or glide over the highest cloud."

And, despite hearing all the worrying things that should've made me go mad, I do fall asleep and I do dream. Just not about oceans or clouds...
**

As I talk along with my friends, awaiting DADA to start, I notice the outside of the window and how the leaves are falling off the trees leaving them bare and slightly frosted. Winter must be coming. As I turn back to conversation, our topic being 'let's watch Hermione and Ron bicker about nonsensical things until one of them gets tired and gives in'. Hang on, let me change that. 'Let's watch Hermione and Ron bicker about nonsensical things until Ron gets tired and admits Hermione is right'. Before he gets to do so however, the doors burst open and for a second I fear that Sirius Black has made a second attack on the castle before my mind is set at ease as Snape walks through the classroom. Don't get me wrong though, Snape is not that much of an improvement over Sirius Black.