first year ➤invisibility cloak

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter thirteen-invisibility cloak[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter thirteen-invisibility cloak
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

"Harry please," (y/n) whines for what seems like the millionth time as she follows me around the common room.

She's been begging all day to come with me as I sneak off to the library under my new invisibility cloak to get the book we need from the restricted section.

I continue to say no, in hopes of protecting her from getting in trouble if we get caught, seeing as we really have no idea how tonight will go,  the more I dismiss her though, the more determined she gets. And she knows I'll give in and ultimately let her  come with me.

"Aren't you afraid of getting caught?" I finally respond to her begging.

She looks at me like I'm crazy. "Hello? That's why we have the invisibility cloak."

A good point.

"Come on, Harry. It'd be a much easier task if you had someone to go with you. You've never been in the restricted section, it'd be so much easier to navigate through if you had someone to help you, to be your lookout," her eyes beam at her own idea. "Let me be your look out!"

I can't help but smile at her enthusiasm, I've always admired how (y/n) will stop at nothing to get what she wants.

"Fine," I sigh. "Be my lookout. But let's go now, no one'll be walking around this late and the library is closed. It's the perfect time."

She nods eagerly, handing me the cloak. We cover ourselves and quietly sneak out of Gryffindor tower and proceed to the library. The only light being the lantern I carry and I'm thankful (y/n) had told me to bring one. The castle walls do look rather creepy at night.

Finally we arrive at the library and once we get inside, and (y/n) decides the coast is clear, we take off the cloak and head cautiously over to the restricted section.

"So what exactly are you looking for?" Asks (y/n), peering her head slightly out of the restricted section and scanning the library for signs of movement.

"Anything that looks like it could have information on Nicholas Flamel," I reply.

"Flamel, Nicholas Flamel. Where are you?" I mutter to myself as I scan over the 'F' section.

I take one book that seems to have potential and flip it open to a random page. The pages quickly mould into a face and pops out of the book almost 3D like, and lets out a piercing scream. I shut the book forcefully, my heartbeat racing from the sudden jump scare and I quickly put the book back on the shelf.

"Blimey, Harry," (y/n) breaths out, heart on her own chest, probably as scared as I by the sudden screech.

"It wasn't me it was the book," I retort defensively.