second year ➤back to diagon alley

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter twenty five-back to diagonal alley[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter twenty five-back to diagonal alley
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

"Alright. Here we are, Harry, you go first dear," Mrs. Weasley instructs as she pours... dust? Into the palms of both of my hands.

I turn to her, confused. Currently she's got all the Weasley's and myself gathered in the living room. We're about to go to Diagon Alley to complete our shopping lists.

We're standing in front of the fireplace and I haven't a clue why she'd want me to go first, I don't know how to get to Diagon Alley with a handful of dust.

"But, Harry's never traveled by Floo powder before, Mum," Ron says.

I look at him baffled. "Floo power?"

"Well, you go first then, Ron," Mrs. Weasley grabs the boy by his shoulders and directs him over to the fireplace. "So that Harry can see how it's done."

Ron nods and walks over to the fireplace then steps inside. He grabs a handful of dust, floo powder I suppose, and Mrs. Weasley pushes everyone back. Cautiously, I watch as Ron holds the floo powder in his hand then speaks out, "Diagon Alley," he drops the powder and I jump back in surprise as green flames surround him, swirling around and engulfing him as he disappears into the flames.

The flames disappear and Ron is nowhere to be seen. Mrs. Weasley turns to me and ushers me to the fire. "You see? It's quite easy, dear. Don't be afraid. Cmon."

Mr. Weasley pats me on the back while Mrs. Weasley continues coaxing me like a cat towards the fireplace. I lower my head and step into the fireplace, doing as Mrs. Weasley says.
"All right, yes. That's good. Ok. Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly."

I watch stressfully as everybody backs away, as I try to recall what I was told to do. "Digonally," I stutter and drop the powder.

Wait oops.

The same green flames shoot up around me and I shut my eyes tightly, the strange feelings making me feel sick. The next thing I know, I tumble out of another fireplace, quite roughly at that. I reach for my glasses that had fallen off my face during my arrival and put them on to see a large crack on one of the lenses. Perfect. I cough out soot and push myself up off the ground, glancing around in the hopes that no one saw my embarrassing fall. Dusting myself off a bit while looking around I soon realize, I'm not in Diagon Alley.

For starters, Ron is nowhere to be seen. And the shop in which I emerged is very unlike any other that I've seen in Diagon Alley. It's dark and quite eerie but still I find the urge to explore. A wide variety of skulls, bones, and deadly sharp objects are laid out on every shelf and display. I quickly advert my eyes, not wanting to look too much into what lies behind the sign that reads 'Muggle parts'.