second year ➤harry nearly died

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter twenty eight-harry nearly died[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter twenty eight-harry nearly died
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

"HURRY UP!"

Molly Weasley is furious. Fred and George forgot their exploding snaps and insisted we go back home to get them, now, because of the delay, we're nearly late for the Hogwarts Express.

"10:58," Mr. Weasley notes. "Come on, come on!"

We quicken our paces to a run as we hurry towards the platform.

"Train will be leaving any moment!" Mrs. Weasley yells frantically.

"Fred, George, Percy, you first," Mr. Weasley instructs as we finally reach platform
9 3/4.

Fred runs first, followed by George, then by Percy. Despite the stress, it still amuses me, how exactly one gets on to platform 9 3/4. After Percy disappears through the wall, Ginny grows visibly nervous among the realization that her turn is next.

Both of her parents put a comforting hand on her shoulder. Molly kisses her cheek then gives her a push and Ginny too runs through the wall for the first time as a Hogwarts student. Her parents go next, following right behind her, leaving just Ron and I left to go.

"Let's go," I say, turning to my best friend.

He nods and the two of us start running towards the wall and I close my eyes just a moment before we go through.

To my complete shock, the wall is hard and I crash into it. Ron, from just behind me, crashes his cart into mine and we end up on the floor laying underneath our luggage and trolleys. We arise, panicked and embarrassed as we scramble to pick up our stuff.

A plump train station worker storms over to us angrily. "Oi! What do you two think you're doing?" He barks.

"S-sorry," I stutter. "Lost control of the trolley," he shakes his head at us disapprovingly before he walks away murmuring to himself. I turn to Ron frantically. "Why can't we get through?"

"I don't know. The gateway sealed itself for some reason," he replies as we hit the wall hoping it will miraculously let us through by doing so.

A clock chimes somewhere off in the distance causing my heat to sink. "The train leaves at exactly 11:00, we've missed it!"

Ron gets a terrified look on his face. "Harry... if we can't get through, maybe mum and dad can't get back."

I pace back and forth as I try to think about what we can do. It's not like we can call anyone and tell them to pick us up. And we can't use my broomstick because we'd be seen. I sigh and turn to Ron. "Maybe we should just go and wait by the car."

A lightbulb goes off in Ron's head by the look on his face. "The car..."

Your P.O.V

"Where are they?" I ask Hermione for the billionth time.